Question about applying Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
KAM

New

Question about applying

Post by KAM » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:13 pm

?
Last edited by KAM on Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boricuaman

New

Re: Question about applying

Post by boricuaman » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:20 pm

You would have to specify that they put a hold on your application until the December score comes in. In terms of your second question, its not when its received but rather when its complete. Hope this helps.

KAM

New

Post by KAM » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:24 pm

Thanks. How long does it take to be complete? So if I send my apps tomorrow would they be considered early (before Nov 1)?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:50 am

It would still be early if you beat most of the other people taking the LSAT to be complete. I think it will probably take a week or so for everyone to pick schools based on new score, then apply. Some people are still waiting on transcripts and LOR's. By next Monday a mass amount of application would have been submitted. It will no longer be early then.

CGI Fridays

Silver

Post by CGI Fridays » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:02 am

I believe you won't be included in any early decision program.
You will get your app in & tell them to wait for your december score, so the app you want them to review won't be ready for months.
You'll be regular decision for any school whose ED has a Nov 1 deadline.

(I may be wrong, but I think no one has directly answered your question yet so I at least want to get to the heart of the matter & someone can correct me if need be)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

KAM

New

Post by KAM » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:07 am

What if I am happy with my score and send off my app tomorrow? Will I be considered early?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:07 am

^ you are right. I misread. Time for bed.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:08 am

KAM wrote:What if I am happy with my score and send off my app tomorrow? Will I be considered early?
Depend on the school and their ED requirement. By submit date or complete date? Are your other pieces ready?

KAM

New

Post by KAM » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:13 am

Yes, everything is ready to go. I have just waited to submit everything until I recieved my score.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:22 am

KAM wrote:Yes, everything is ready to go. I have just waited to submit everything until I recieved my score.
If you are committed to said school, you could have submitted already. LSAC usually have the report ready to send the same day you submit. So the school, after receiving your application, will retrieve the report from LSAC. This could be same day for some schools, or several days, depends on the school. Then you will be complete. If you submit before you get the score, then school will get your application, request the report, and wait for LSAC to assemble it and make it available. If your school is one of the same-day ones, then get up at 7am tomorrow, wait for your report, and hit submit as soon as you are happy to do it. You would be signing (digitally) the application and ED agreement on the 29th.

nphsbuckeye

Bronze

Post by nphsbuckeye » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:45 am

KAM wrote:I'm kind of confused about the application process. I will get my LSAT score tomorrow and plan on applying to most schools before Nov 1 to be in the early decision program but what if I'm not happy with my score and choose to take it again in December? Can I still apply before Nov 1 and be in the early decision program and have my Dec score count? Or would I just hold off applying until I recieved my scores in January? And also, is your application recieved on the day it is sent or when it is completed?
Remember, only one ED at a time.

KAM

New

Post by KAM » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:54 am

What do you mean one at a time? All of the ED programs I am applying for are non-binding.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:19 am

Illinois ED deadline is Oct 31. Does that mean you must submit by tomorrow (fri?) or will the application be sent through over the weekend okay?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:49 am

KAM wrote:What do you mean one at a time? All of the ED programs I am applying for are non-binding.
Those are typically referred to as EA or "Early Action" applications. ED usually refers to binding Early Decision applications.

nphsbuckeye

Bronze

Post by nphsbuckeye » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:41 am

KAM wrote:What do you mean one at a time? All of the ED programs I am applying for are non-binding.
As what Lwoods said, ED is binding, EA isn't. At least I haven't seen a binding EA.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”