Extensive Experience, but then Contract Paralegal Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
testmachine45

Bronze

Extensive Experience, but then Contract Paralegal

Post by testmachine45 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:57 am

I have extensive experience..I helped do some pretty big things around the city..but now that these things are over I have been scrambling and am working as a contract paralegal(for about 6 months, no less). It is really unprestigious given my prior positions. Do you guys think 1)contract paralegal will be a turn off to adcoms and 2)it will invalidate my other accomplishments?

I feel like the fact my contract paralegal experience is chronologically first that it makes everything below it(the big accomplishments) really crappy.

txadv11

Silver

Re: Extensive Experience, but then Contract Paralegal

Post by txadv11 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:03 am

I don't think it makes very much of a difference. I really doubt adcoms frown on paralegal work, nor will this hurt your other accomplishments.

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:32 am

The biggest thing on my resume by far is dead last, but employers still talk about it every single time. People aren't stupid, they know how to read, and they know how to value things; if it is as significant as you say, they'll notice it and assign it the proper value. Don't see why adcomms would be any different.

anstud06

New

Post by anstud06 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:32 pm

ITE, I think there are plenty of people who'd take your position if you can't stand being a contract paralegal.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”