Columbia Law School App Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MPeterson

Bronze

Columbia Law School App

Post by MPeterson » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:10 pm

On the Columbia law school application, it asks if I'm applying for early decision, but I apparently didn't check this box when filling out the application. It wasn't marked as required in the application, but I figure it would be a pretty important thing for them to know. Should I call or e-mail them about it, or is there any way to change my app at this point?

shanemahsa

Silver

Re: Columbia Law School App

Post by shanemahsa » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:19 pm

MPeterson wrote:On the Columbia law school application, it asks if I'm applying for early decision, but I apparently didn't check this box when filling out the application. It wasn't marked as required in the application, but I figure it would be a pretty important thing for them to know. Should I call or e-mail them about it, or is there any way to change my app at this point?
Have you already sent in your application? Do you want to apply ED?

If you answered "yes" to both of the above questions, mail the ED contract and send them a brief email indicating that you wish to be considered as an ED applicant.

Tip: Send your ED contract certified mail with a return receipt (the peace of mind is totally worth the 5 bucks). Then again, I might be paranoid. :shock:

If you answered "no" to any of the above questions, do nothing.

MPeterson

Bronze

Post by MPeterson » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:21 pm

I guess I should have clarified. I'm not applying ED (which I guess they would figure if I didn't send in the contract), and I've already submitted the app to LSAC for processing. It says "No" means regular admission after the question.

shanemahsa

Silver

Post by shanemahsa » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:23 pm

MPeterson wrote:I guess I should have clarified. I'm not applying ED (which I guess they would figure if I didn't send in the contract), and I've already submitted the app to LSAC for processing. It says "No" means regular admission after the question.
I wouldn't worry about it.

Edit: But what do I know?

dcgbm

New

Post by dcgbm » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:57 am

Hey everyone who applied/are applying to columbia,

posted these q's in the columbia 2011 thread but maybe this is a more appropriate thread:

on the personal profile sheet q. 4, it says to list and describe the extra-curricular activity most important to you and has 3 lines. did ya'll only write 3 lines, or did you go over the limit (it seems to just keep scrolling down if my answer is longer?)

also, i was in the marching band my fr. and so. years, spent MASSIVE hours doing it... does that qualify for q. 5, which asks if you were employed or asssumed significant family responsibilities during the school year? technically it wasn't employment; i wasn't being paid.

btw i'm supposed to cut out high school honors and activities in my resume, right?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:42 am

Dcgbm: Write the major stuff, leave the rest for the resume. Don't put marching band under your employment if it wasn't employment or family responsibilities. It's an extracurricular, deal with it. And yes, get rid of high school stuff.

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 am

dcgbm wrote:Hey everyone who applied/are applying to columbia,

on the personal profile sheet q. 4, it says to list and describe the extra-curricular activity most important to you and has 3 lines. did ya'll only write 3 lines, or did you go over the limit (it seems to just keep scrolling down if my answer is longer?)
a lot of the apps seem to just repeat stuff like activities and honors that are already on the resume...does that mean we can take it off the resume to save room for something else, or that it's just an opportunity to highlight your best pieces of the resume? thanks.

dcgbm

New

Post by dcgbm » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:12 am

mst wrote:Dcgbm: Write the major stuff, leave the rest for the resume. Don't put marching band under your employment if it wasn't employment or family responsibilities. It's an extracurricular, deal with it. And yes, get rid of high school stuff.
thanks for the reply. What do you think about the 3-lines thing; just keep it to 3 lines?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”