Group all extra info in one document? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
NCtoDC

Silver

Group all extra info in one document?

Post by NCtoDC » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:55 pm

Is it OK to add all the additional info from an app into one document? For example, if I have an additional school that doesn't fit on the app, a break in studies statement, and traffic violations, all in response to numbered questions on the app, can I make it all one document listing the question number and then the answer/response? The break in studies statement is literally one sentence.

kalvano

Diamond

Re: Group all extra info in one document?

Post by kalvano » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:08 pm

No. Separate pages for each. For the sake of clarity. Think how many apps they are reading each day.

capitalacq

Silver

Post by capitalacq » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:08 am

kalvano wrote:No. Separate pages for each. For the sake of clarity. Think how many apps they are reading each day.
I don't see how having to flip back and forth between an extra 5 pages makes it easier

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:41 am

capitalacq wrote:
kalvano wrote:No. Separate pages for each. For the sake of clarity. Think how many apps they are reading each day.
I don't see how having to flip back and forth between an extra 5 pages makes it easier

After reading through 100 applications in a day, it's much easier if everything has it's own separate page. When you start throwing everything on the same page, it can get confusing after you're 80th or so application.

It's just an opinion, but it's from someone who taught English and had to flip through tons of essays.

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:47 am

kalvano wrote:
capitalacq wrote:

After reading through 100 applications in a day, it's much easier if everything has it's own separate page. When you start throwing everything on the same page, it can get confusing after you're 80th or so application.

It's just an opinion, but it's from someone who taught English and had to flip through tons of essays.
You're entitled to your opinion, but, OP, I'm putting multiple answers on the same page. It seems silly to have three pages for three one-liners. I think as long as we clearly indicate which question it answers, we'll be fine. :-)

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:07 pm

Thanks for the input everyone :-)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”