Late LOR... submit now, or hold for WL? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Zatarra

New

Late LOR... submit now, or hold for WL?

Post by Zatarra » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:00 pm

Decided to submit all my apps earlier this month, without my last LOR (assumed it just wasn't coming). Turns out, it just took an inordinately long time to process, and popped up on LSAC this week. I've every reason to believe it's a very positive work-related LOR, and my writer even tweaked it into specific variants for my top choices (YHS).

As there's still a good month or two before decisions come down, should I go ahead and submit the letter now, or hold it back in case I get waitlisted? FWIW, I've already submitted 3 LORs to all schools with my apps (two academic, one work), making this letter number 4, though very, very different from my other work LOR (I'm a bit out of UG...)

Thanks!

Platinum

Re: Late LOR... submit now, or hold for WL?

Post by 2014 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:05 pm

Probably should hold for WL, 3 is plenty.

That is if you are comfortable with the ones you have submitted already of course.

HopefulFish

Bronze

Post by HopefulFish » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:27 pm

do u guys think an extra LOR will get u off the waitlist?

lawyeah

New

Post by lawyeah » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:11 pm

3 letters are more than enough. 4 is over doing it just a bit. i don't think it would hurt to send in the 4th for waitlists. it shows that you're invested and truly interested in getting into the school. also a letter of continued interest wouldn't hurt either.

lawyeah

New

Post by lawyeah » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:11 pm

3 letters are more than enough. 4 is over doing it just a bit. i don't think it would hurt to send in the 4th for waitlists. it shows that you're invested and truly interested in getting into the school. also a letter of continued interest wouldn't hurt either.

QuailMan

New

Post by QuailMan » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:14 pm

I'm in a similar situation, except my last one hasn't come in yet.

I sent all my apps and I'm not going to worry about the last LOR. Yea, I do think its a good letter, but I don't think it would make a measurable difference in my app. If I get WLd I'll send it in with a LOCI. I'd just much rather have all my apps in than wait who knows how long for one prof.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”