When to apply Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
boogie with stu

New

When to apply

Post by boogie with stu » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:05 pm

I am in a very unusual situation. I have 100+ credits at an online college and I took the October lsat. My gpa is a 4.0 however, a majority of my credits there are ungraded. I am unsure of how this will look to law schools and I plan to go to a T14. Also, i mostly just took tests instead of courses so I do not know where I will get my LORs from. So basically I have 3 options:

#1: Apply with my current degree and see where I get in.

#2: I applied to a regular college for the spring as a transfer student and they will give me 30-40 credits. I could take the maximum credits that they will let me, apply to law school in fall 2011 and I could finish by the end of the summer 2012. Cons: I would have to wait to apply until next year. I would only have about 32 credits from the school I will be attending, but I would also send my first transcript. How will this be viewed?

#3: Wait until fall 2012 to apply to law school. I would prefer not to do this because I would have to wait 2 years to apply.

r6_philly

Diamond

Re: When to apply

Post by r6_philly » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:12 pm

Do #1. Also start #2 in case you don't get in anywhere you want. You can hope to get at least 1 acceptance by spring term start to make up your mind to follow through with transfer or not.

If you score well enough on the LSAT it probably won't matter anyway. 4.0 is 4.0. Yes your cumulative GPA will be based on less credits but they only need to report your 4.0 to US News.

plenipotentiary

Silver

Re: When to apply

Post by plenipotentiary » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:15 pm

r6_philly wrote:Do #1. Also start #2 in case you don't get in anywhere you want. You can hope to get at least 1 acceptance by spring term start to make up your mind to follow through with transfer or not.

If you score well enough on the LSAT it probably won't matter anyway. 4.0 is 4.0. Yes your cumulative GPA will be based on less credits but they only need to report your 4.0 to US News.
This is sound advice.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”