Nonbinding EA? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
X_Soda

New

Nonbinding EA?

Post by X_Soda » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:29 pm

I just read somewhere that Cornell has non-binding EA? Is that what I think it is -- the ability to gain the advantages of an Early Action program without being forced to apply to that school if you are accepted? If so, are there any disadvantages to such an action? And what other schools offer that?

bk1

Diamond

Re: Nonbinding EA?

Post by bk1 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:30 pm

No disadvantages.

I think UT does as well.

gorockies

New

Post by gorockies » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:35 pm

I saw this on Cornell's application and I purposefully didn't check it because I was worried it might carry some type of obligation if I were accepted. Then I just received an email saying my file was complete and I was being considered for Early Action. I guess since I applied pretty early they just threw my application in there. If it can't hurt I'm fine with it!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:38 pm

gorockies wrote:I saw this on Cornell's application and I purposefully didn't check it because I was worried it might carry some type of obligation if I were accepted. Then I just received an email saying my file was complete and I was being considered for Early Action. I guess since I applied pretty early they just threw my application in there. If it can't hurt I'm fine with it!
Why did you not read the entire instruction to the application before applying to a law school? Forcing yourself to read all the prints, fine or not, may come in handy as a skill if you want to be a lawyer.

The instruction states that all applications submitted by a certain date are considered for EA.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:46 pm

For Cornell, any application that goes complete on or before November 15 will be considered EA, which means you get a decision in mid to late December. No disadvantage.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”