Devil's Advocate! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
newrich

New

Devil's Advocate!

Post by newrich » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:36 am

How is it fair that URM's get preferential treatment? This should be an interesting thread.

capitalacq

Silver

Re: Devil's Advocate!

Post by capitalacq » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:42 am

Devil's Advocate is OK. If you're into gangster rap, there's a chance you'll enjoy it... but the lyrics and tracks are pretty unoriginal and are based off of stuff that has definitely been overplayed. Once in a while (it's a DVD & Mix CD double pack), you'll come across a good beat. If you like The Game, I'd definitely get it. If not, then I'd listen to some of it online first before committing to a purchase. I believe datpiff.com has some sampler tracks if you'd like to go that route

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:47 am

Great movie. Pacino at his screaming best. Keanu was a little wooden, but what else is new?

The redhead was pretty cute, too.
Last edited by kalvano on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

2011Law

Silver

Post by 2011Law » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:50 am

kalvano wrote:Great movie. Pacino at his screaming best.
He was definitely great in it, way better than much of his recent stuff, but nowhere near as great as in Godfather I or II (III is an abomination).

HBK

Bronze

Post by HBK » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:11 am

This thread poses some difficult questions.

1) Is Charlize Theron naked in a church arousing?

2) What if she's covered in self-inflicted mutilations?

I'd say yes to question 1. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the taboo of the church should add to the arousal. However, in regard to question 2, I just couldn't find that sexy. It's like when you see a gorgeous, naked actress in a film playing a corpse. Although we all know that the wounds covering Charlize Theron's sexy naked body are fake, and that the actresses playing the corpses are just wearing makeup and lying still, there's just something wrong with sexualizing something so innately repulsive. I know it's just make believe, but I can't see myself ever wanting to make love to a make-believe corpse. Although I may be willing to bite the bullet on a crazy and cut up Charlize Theron, it's just not the ideal... especially when there's the full frontal with the sexy redheaded lady only a couple of scenes later.

Edited for punctuation
Last edited by HBK on Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

capitalacq

Silver

Post by capitalacq » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:16 am

SOUTHSIDE VA'S NO. 1 MC IS BACK WITH HIS SECOND SOLO MIXTAPE. DEVIL'S ADVOCATE RELOADED. 23 TRACKS OF VA SWAGG AND BRUNSWICK COUNTY BRAVDO.

2011Law

Silver

Post by 2011Law » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:20 am

HBK wrote:This thread poses some difficult questions.

1) Is Charlize Theron naked in a church arousing?

2) What if she's covered in self-inflicted mutilations?

I'd say yes to question 1. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the taboo of the church should add to the arousal. However, in regard to question 2, I just couldn't find that sexy. It's like when you see a gorgeous, naked actress in a film playing a corpse. Although we all know that the wounds covering Charlize Theron's sexy naked body are fake, and that the actresses' playing the corpses are just wearing makeup and lying still, there's just something wrong with sexualizing something so innately repulsive. I know it's just make believe, but I can't see myself ever wanting to make love to a make-believe corpse. Although I may be willing to bite the bullet on a crazy and cut up Charlize Theron, it's just not the ideal... especially when there's the full frontal with the sexy redheaded lady only a couple of scenes later.
I believe the real issue that OP is trying to get at is if you were stranded on an island and only had the image of Theron in this scene to indulge yourself, would you?

St.Remy

Silver

Post by St.Remy » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:22 am

newrich wrote:How is it fair that URM's get preferential treatment? This should be an interesting thread.
I also thought Pacino was good, and I actually think that Reeves was better than people are giving him credit for. Sure it was no "Bill and Ted" or "The Matrix" but that's because Keanu wasn't playing a stoned person. In terms of non-stoned acting I thought that Reeves did a pretty good job compared to his other films.

ATR

Silver

Post by ATR » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:02 am

--ImageRemoved--

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AnthonyNicator

New

Post by AnthonyNicator » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:26 am

flame hahahahha

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:04 am

Connie Nielsen was pretty hot in this movie, too.

sgtgrumbles

Silver

Post by sgtgrumbles » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:02 pm

newrich wrote:Devil's Advocate!
I also like to read Slate sometimes!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”