Fee waivers given at Graduate/Professional Fair? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
iwanta170

Bronze

Fee waivers given at Graduate/Professional Fair?

Post by iwanta170 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:28 am

My school is having a Graduate/Professional Fair today and I was told most of the top schools will be there. Is this the type of event that a top 20 school would give out fee waivers at? I'm not sure if I should go

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Re: Fee waivers given at Graduate/Professional Fair?

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:56 am

iwanta170 wrote:My school is having a Graduate/Professional Fair today and I was told most of the top schools will be there. Is this the type of event that a top 20 school would give out fee waivers at? I'm not sure if I should go
If law schools plan to be there, they may be giving out fee waivers. See if you can find a list of what schools are going to be there and then decide. Worst case scenario you pick up a look-book and waste 30 minutes of your time.

anstud06

New

Post by anstud06 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:26 pm

Yes, if you tell them your LSAT and GPA (assuming you have numbers they want), they'll give you their business card and sign off in the back "fee waiver" with their name. Then you attach that to the form you send in.

iwanta170

Bronze

Post by iwanta170 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:11 pm

I just got back..went to 2 tables, talked for a bit, and then inquired about fee waivers. both said to give admissions a call. oh well, it was worth a shot. at least i can talk about speaking with these 2 representatives in my "why x" essays

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”