Applicant FAQ Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
danishblue

New

Re: Applicant FAQ

Post by danishblue » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:10 am

letters of recommendation, is it better to have 5 or 6, or 3 very good ones from close professors

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:51 pm

danishblue wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:10 am
letters of recommendation, is it better to have 5 or 6, or 3 very good ones from close professors
Most schools won't accept more than 4 IIRC. 3 very good ones from professors is ideal, honestly, and I wouldn't send a 4th that isn't equally spectacular.

francism

New

Post by francism » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:22 am

Q: How do I apply to law school?

A: The process for applying to law school varies depending on the school, but generally, you will need to:

Research and choose the law schools you want to apply to
Take the Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
Complete the online application, which will typically include an application form, personal statement, resume, transcripts, and letters of recommendation
Submit any additional materials required by the school, such as a writing sample or additional essays
Q: What is the LSAT and how do I prepare for it?

A: The LSAT is a standardized test that measures critical reading, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning skills. It is required for admission to most law schools in the United States. To prepare for the LSAT, you can take a LSAT prep course, study on your own using practice tests and study materials, or a combination of both.

Q: What GPA and LSAT score do I need to get into law school?

A: The GPA and LSAT score requirements for law school vary depending on the school. Generally, the higher your GPA and LSAT score, the more competitive you will be for admission to top law schools. However, law schools also consider other factors such as your personal statement, letters of recommendation, and work experience, so it's important to put your best foot forward in all aspects of your application.

Q: Can I apply to law school if I don't have a bachelor's degree?

A: Yes, it is possible to apply to law school without a bachelor's degree, but it may be more difficult to get accepted. Most law schools require a bachelor's degree or the equivalent as a minimum prerequisite for admission. If you don't have a bachelor's degree, you may need to complete additional coursework or meet other requirements in order to be eligible to apply.

Q: How long does it take to complete law school?

A: Law school typically takes three years to complete. However, some students may choose to pursue a joint degree program, which can extend the length of study.

Q: What can I do with a law degree?

A: A law degree can open up a wide range of career options, including practicing law as an attorney, working in the legal field in a non-attorney role, or using your legal education and skills in other industries. Some common career paths for law school graduates include working in private law firms, government agencies, non-profit organizations, or in-house legal departments at businesses or corporations.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”