Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bballfreak56

New

Question

Post by bballfreak56 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:43 pm

If you send in a personal statement that has a personalized sentence at the bottom."I cannot wait to make X part of my education" And you forgot to change it before you sent it to a different school, is that an automatic reject?

SullaFelix

Bronze

Re: Question

Post by SullaFelix » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:46 pm

bballfreak56 wrote:If you send in a personal statement that has a personalized sentence at the bottom."I cannot wait to make X part of my education" And you forgot to change it before you sent it to a different school, is that an automatic reject?
absolutely.

haydee

New

Post by haydee » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:47 pm

It depends a little on the school, I think, and where your #s are relative to their medians.

But probably.

tea_drinker

Silver

Post by tea_drinker » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:49 pm

This is according to Dean Cornblatt. You can find the whole interview here http://www.top-law-schools.com/andy-cor ... rview.html. I have no personal experience on this matter.
Q:How often do you see people leaving the name of another school in some aspect of their application? If they send a correction to that, or to any deficiency in their application, would you still hold it against them or is it as if it never happened?

A:I actually just read one of those the other day. I think it'll happen, over the course of reading 12,000 files...maybe fifty times? Not a good way to go. Most of this is inadvertent though, it's still sloppy, but if someone recaptures the initiative and sends in something to the effect of “my mistake, here's the correction” that's absolutely fine.

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:58 pm

Contact/Call their admissions office ASAP and request to use a new copy of your PS. Hopefully an officer has not already reviewed you file, but even if they have it's a helpful gesture to fix it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”