Should I retake the LSAT in December? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dodgerboy86

New

Should I retake the LSAT in December?

Post by dodgerboy86 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:28 am

Here's the deal, I'm in quite a dilemma here! I took the LSAT in June and scored a 165, and with a GPA of 3.98 I didn't feel that it was necessary to retake the LSAT. However, now that I'm really digging into this process I've figured out that I was stupid not to sign up for the October LSAT (which as you know, is now impossible to sign up for); since I could have (a) gotten into a much better school and (b) could have received much better scholarships had I gotten a higher score ... so, here's my question to you.

Should I retake the LSAT in December and hold off sending in applications to T-14 schools (i.e. my serious reaches)? I know many of these schools have a rolling admissions process and even if I raise my score 5 points or so (which I believe is more than likely) I might be too late in the process.

Finally, I'm planning on sending in applications, with my LSAT as is, to UCLA, USC and some other reputable T-25 schools. Do any of you know how they would view my Dec. LSAT score (i.e. if I have not heard anything back from them by the time I get my results, can I contact the admissions office and inform them of my improved - hopefully - score?)?

Sigh, I'm such an idiot for not taking this October test ... UG!

bk1

Diamond

Re: Should I retake the LSAT in December?

Post by bk1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:30 am

Yes. I'd rather submit in January with a 170+ than submit in September with a 165.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:07 am

bk187 wrote:Yes. I'd rather submit in January with a 170+ than submit in September with a 165.
^^^ This. Even considering the January application, a 3.98/170+ would net several T14s or even T6, probably several with money too. Hit 171+ and HYS are possibilities.

moneko

Bronze

Post by moneko » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:27 pm

i have something similar :/ slightly lower gpa (3.9) and slightly higher lsat (170) and wondering if i applied to the bottom of the t14 stack (ucla, georgetown, duke, cornell and the like) with the current lsat score i could still squeeze in... or is it better to wait to late december after dec lsats? i know i can do better... recent practice test average has been a 175+ so...GAH i just don't know what to do in regards to putting in apps earlier or later?

plenipotentiary

Silver

Post by plenipotentiary » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:34 pm

Yes.

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:44 pm

moneko wrote:i have something similar :/ slightly lower gpa (3.9) and slightly higher lsat (170) and wondering if i applied to the bottom of the t14 stack (ucla, georgetown, duke, cornell and the like) with the current lsat score i could still squeeze in... or is it better to wait to late december after dec lsats? i know i can do better... recent practice test average has been a 175+ so...GAH i just don't know what to do in regards to putting in apps earlier or later?
3.9 170, squeeze into lower T14? what is wrong with you, you are in at MVPB and have a chance at CCN, a very good one. I dont understand your question?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”