can you start your application b4 paying application fee? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
coffeetable

New

can you start your application b4 paying application fee?

Post by coffeetable » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:05 pm

So I am taking October LSAT, and I am going to decide exactly which school to apply once I know my LSAT score. But I heard that it would be best if I complete all my application except for the LSAT before the score comes out so the schools can start reading my apps as soon as the score is ready.

So can I start my application (like uploading resume, personal statement, etc) before paying application fee? And without application fee, would school start processing my application? Or until I pay the fee, it doesn't get processed anyway?

Another question: how long does it take for a school to process recommendation letters they got from LSAC? I have them ready on LSAC but haven't assigned any to each school yet. For this too, would it get processed even without application fee once I assign the letters?

THANKS A LOT!

!!!!

hipstermafia

Silver

Re: can you start your application b4 paying application fee?

Post by hipstermafia » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:08 pm

coffeetable wrote:So I am taking October LSAT, and I am going to decide exactly which school to apply once I know my LSAT score. But I heard that it would be best if I complete all my application except for the LSAT before the score comes out so the schools can start reading my apps as soon as the score is ready.

So can I start my application (like uploading resume, personal statement, etc) before paying application fee? And without application fee, would school start processing my application? Or until I pay the fee, it doesn't get processed anyway?

Another question: how long does it take for a school to process recommendation letters they got from LSAC? I have them ready on LSAC but haven't assigned any to each school yet. For this too, would it get processed even without application fee once I assign the letters?

THANKS A LOT!

!!!!
you can do everything (application, upload resume +ps + etc) without paying the app fee.

If your LORs are 'received' on lsac then they are ready to go. you can assign these to schools without paying the app fee.

lzyovrachievr

Gold

Post by lzyovrachievr » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:09 pm

You do the entire application before you pay the application fee. That happens when you go to submit the application. You can assign LORs, but they won't go anywhere before you submit the application, which is after it is completely done and you pay the fee. The LORs accompany the other parts of your app when LSAC sends it to the school.

ETA: Aww, Hipster beat me to it.

hipstermafia

Silver

Post by hipstermafia » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:10 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:You do the entire application before you pay the application fee. That happens when you go to submit the application. You can assign LORs, but they won't go anywhere before you submit the application, which is after it is completely done and you pay the fee. The LORs accompany the other parts of your app when LSAC sends it to the school.

<3, we had the same thing to say!

lzyovrachievr

Gold

Post by lzyovrachievr » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:14 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
lzyovrachievr wrote:You do the entire application before you pay the application fee. That happens when you go to submit the application. You can assign LORs, but they won't go anywhere before you submit the application, which is after it is completely done and you pay the fee. The LORs accompany the other parts of your app when LSAC sends it to the school.

We've been trained well by the fapplican.... I mean, the On-Topics.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hipstermafia

Silver

Post by hipstermafia » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:28 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:

exactly :)

ACrimsonLife

New

Post by ACrimsonLife » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:28 am

lzyovrachievr wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:

LOL!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”