GPA < 25%, LSAT?? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lmperri

New

GPA < 25%, LSAT??

Post by lmperri » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:30 am

Hey guys, just wondering if there was, for lack of better words, some principle or general agreement for if your GPA is at or slightly below (by slightly below, I mean school is reporting 3.2 or 3.3 and yours is 3.1) - is there a LSAT score that would make applying to that school worthwhile? Obviously blowing the LSAT out of the water would be preferred but if I am at or above their 75% for LSAT reporting, would this be a good idea of whether or not I would have a shot at the school even with the lower GPA?

Knock

Platinum

Re: GPA < 25%, LSAT??

Post by Knock » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:38 am

lmperri wrote:Hey guys, just wondering if there was, for lack of better words, some principle or general agreement for if your GPA is at or slightly below (by slightly below, I mean school is reporting 3.2 or 3.3 and yours is 3.1) - is there a LSAT score that would make applying to that school worthwhile? Obviously blowing the LSAT out of the water would be preferred but if I am at or above their 75% for LSAT reporting, would this be a good idea of whether or not I would have a shot at the school even with the lower GPA?
Worth an application for sure if your >75th%, possibly if you're between 50th-75th. Probably not worth an application unless you get a fee waiver if your LSAT is under median.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”