Benefits to applying before having a LSAT score? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
iwanta170

Bronze

Benefits to applying before having a LSAT score?

Post by iwanta170 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:47 am

I won't have a reportable LSAT score until late October/early November when I get my Oct 9 score back. I took the LSAT for the first time in june and cancelled.

I have virtually everything else finished though...personal statement, resume, 4 letters of rec, applications filled out, diversity statement. The only exception is i still want to write a "why x" essay for my top choices

Anyway, I read somewhere that we can send in our applications without a LSAT score. That way, when the LSAT score gets released, the application will be reviewed by the admissions committee much faster. Is this true? Should I send in my apps now for all the schools I won't be writing a "why x" essay for? Are there any risks to this scenario?

im_blue

Gold

Re: Benefits to applying before having a LSAT score?

Post by im_blue » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:40 pm

iwanta170 wrote:Anyway, I read somewhere that we can send in our applications without a LSAT score. That way, when the LSAT score gets released, the application will be reviewed by the admissions committee much faster. Is this true? Should I send in my apps now for all the schools I won't be writing a "why x" essay for? Are there any risks to this scenario?
Yes, but the risk is that your score is low and results in a rejection or waitlist before you've had a chance to retake in December.

xqhp82

Bronze

Post by xqhp82 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:57 pm

also interested to know...even though i've already gone ahead and sent out a few apps. i'm holding back now for some others. I thought that as long as you don't apply for ED/EA you can always let the schools know if you need to retake in December?

FXD

New

Post by FXD » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:21 pm

im_blue wrote:Yes, but the risk is that your score is low and results in a rejection or waitlist before you've had a chance to retake in December.
this. I took my test earlier in the year and applied as soon as the next cycle began. Best to wait and see how you do before you send out $$$ for apps imo.

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:22 pm

Get a job and work for a year. The WE will help you at OCI anyways.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”