transfer student resume Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
voltage88

Bronze

transfer student resume

Post by voltage88 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:40 pm

So I did my freshman year at one college before transferring and finishing up my bachelor's degree at another. I never declared a major at my first college and took a bunch of random classes. Any advice on how to present my attendance at my first college on my resume? Should I basically just say I earned a X number of credits and list the years of attendance?

broker02

New

Re: transfer student resume

Post by broker02 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:05 pm

Last edited by broker02 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:07 pm

broker02 wrote:I put only my degree-granting institution and GPA on mine - it's still accurate. They don't have to know you transferred, they'll certainly see it if they dig deeper into your LSAC report. Either way, I don't think it's necessary (at least for me, I need the room).
I did the same. Though I received a scholarship from my first school and listed that in the achievements section. But couldnt spare the room to tell them I attended xxx school for one year before transferring.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:59 pm

I would say it's not wrong either way. Personally I transferred from a "brand name" school and my resume includes several accomplishments from that school, so I included both schools on my resume. For my first school, I indicated the number of credits, my major, and GPA.

If you aren't trying to highlight the fact that you went to the first school, though, you shouldn't feel like you're hiding anything by including only your degree-granting school. Resume space is extremely valuable.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”