Addendum or No for MAJOR GPA Jump Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
WithoutMe

New

Addendum or No for MAJOR GPA Jump

Post by WithoutMe » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:58 pm

Basically I transferred after my first year of undergrad. First year was 2.85 and 2.18 (One F). After I transferred my GPA jumped to a 3.54 3.72 3.72 3.86. I am Senior and the Adcomm wont see my current semester grades nor next's which puts me at a disadvantage. Should I write an addendum to explain my MAJOR jump in GPA. Only reason I am hesitant is I have a 3.31 cumulative and I'm not sure if I need too considering I am not applying to any top 50 schools. Highest ranked school I plan to apply to is Univ. of Miami the rest Mid-Bottom Tier 2. Would an addendum help or hurt?
Thanks.

EDIT: The first school I went to was 2 hours away on the worst traffic days (that's 3-4 hours a day of driving). On top of that I worked quite a lot. Since I transferred the school I go to is 15 min away and I work almost half the hours I did my first year of college. What I just wrote sounds like an excuse but it explains the discrepancy. The fact that it sounds like an excuse is why I am reluctant to write about it honestly.
Last edited by WithoutMe on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Re: Addendum or No for MAJOR GPA Jump

Post by whymeohgodno » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:07 pm

Only write an addendum if you have a legitimate reason. I drank too much and didn't study isn't one.

WithoutMe

New

Re: Addendum or No for MAJOR GPA Jump

Post by WithoutMe » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:13 pm

The first school I went to was 2 hours away on the worst traffic days (that's 3-4 hours a day of driving). On top of that I worked quite a lot. Since I transferred the school I go to is 15 min away and I work almost half the hours I did my first year of college. What I just wrote sounds like an excuse but it explains the discrepancy. The fact that it sounds like an excuse is why I am reluctant to write about it honestly.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”