Comments needed for my grade dispute Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Bildungsroman

Platinum

Re: Comments needed for my grade dispute

Post by Bildungsroman » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:19 pm

Too bad law schools don't take practice scores in place of the real thing.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:23 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Too bad law schools don't take practice scores in place of the real thing.
They don't? Damnit!!! I was hoping they would take one of my 180 pts.

jdhopeful11

Bronze

Post by jdhopeful11 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:39 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Too bad law schools don't take practice scores in place of the real thing.
:(

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:59 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:No thanks, I'm confident with my 170 pt scores and 2.99 GPA
Even if you got a 170 that wouldn't get you into any T14. Maybe Cornell. But I doubt it.

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:16 pm

I can't think of anything witty to say right now. I just... have to be a part of this thread.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:17 pm

beachbum wrote:I can't think of anything witty to say right now. I just... have to be a part of this thread.
It's a gooder.

St.Remy

Silver

Post by St.Remy » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:29 pm

Can we go back to talking about the shark post?

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:31 pm

That'll translate just fine into a 164 on test day; which, with that gpa, would put you right in the range of the back-end tier ones. Have fun at American.
Last edited by Mickey Quicknumbers on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdhopeful11

Bronze

Post by jdhopeful11 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:33 pm

delBarco wrote:
That'll translate just fine into a 164 on test day; which, with that gpa, would put you right in the range back-end tier ones. Have fun at American.

This is why I'm better than you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEg0AQka-f0

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jdhopeful11

Bronze

Post by jdhopeful11 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:34 pm

^ and I'm not even Spanish

ajmanyjah

Bronze

Post by ajmanyjah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:35 pm

Helicio wrote:To the OP:

This is why I'm thinking of majoring in something other than PoliSci. At least at my school, PolSci is WAY to subjective. You can study all you want, write the most brilliant essays in the world, but unless you suck up to the professor like a drunk Paris Hilton on a party night, you are NOT guaranteed to get a grade equal to your input.

Meh.
Please. If you can't average a 3.5 in PoliSci without ever sucking up, you don't deserve a white collar job or a college education. If you need to suck up, please drop out, learn a trade, and donate your college fund to someone poorer than you

ajmanyjah

Bronze

Post by ajmanyjah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:35 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:Breaking News: The chair just responded to my most recent email.

XXXXXXX,

No need to apologize. I understand the pressure people are under to get good grades,
and you were within your rights to ask for all this to be reviewed.

I haven't run the numbers, but I think you're probably right that changing the quiz
grade from 85 to 88 isn't going to bump you up to an A.

I presume, then, that we're done here, but let me know if there's something else to
bring to my attention.

By the way, I'm glad to hear that you've had some positive experiences here.

XXXXXX
Funny how not being a douche gets you more traction

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:37 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:
delBarco wrote:
That'll translate just fine into a 164 on test day; which, with that gpa, would put you right in the range back-end tier ones. Have fun at American.

I don't understand the reference (or care enough to watch the video in its entirety), but I'm pretty stoked that the OP is back to acting douchey.

Now bring back the lynch mob! Imma get me some popcorn.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:38 pm

beachbum wrote:
jdhopeful11 wrote:
delBarco wrote:

I don't understand the reference (or care enough to watch the video in its entirety), but I'm pretty stoked that the OP is back to acting douchey.

Now bring back the lynch mob! Imma get me some popcorn.
I'm still laughing at how confident the OP is that

1. He will get a 170.

2. He will get into a t14 with a 170.

I guess it is true that douche bags tend to be cocky...

hiddenfist

New

Post by hiddenfist » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:41 pm

You all should reward the OP's initiative instead of complaining about how much of douche he is.

Positive reinforcement.

jdhopeful11

Bronze

Post by jdhopeful11 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:42 pm

beachbum wrote:
jdhopeful11 wrote:

I don't understand the reference (or care enough to watch the video in its entirety),

It's not about the video, Young one. 'Tis about La Musica.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:43 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:
beachbum wrote:
jdhopeful11 wrote:

I don't understand the reference (or care enough to watch the video in its entirety),

It's not about the video, Young one. 'Tis about La Musica.
Failed joke has failed.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:47 pm

Nightrunner wrote:
ajmanyjah wrote:
Helicio wrote:To the OP:

This is why I'm thinking of majoring in something other than PoliSci. At least at my school, PolSci is WAY to subjective. You can study all you want, write the most brilliant essays in the world, but unless you suck up to the professor like a drunk Paris Hilton on a party night, you are NOT guaranteed to get a grade equal to your input.

Meh.
Please. If you can't average a 3.5 in PoliSci without ever sucking up, you don't deserve a white collar job or a college education. If you need to suck up, please drop out, learn a trade, and donate your college fund to someone poorer than you
You've already been warned.
Vanwinkle was so much gentler :cry:

MY2010

New

Post by MY2010 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:03 am

Nightrunner wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote: Vanwinkle was so much gentler :cry:
And this clusterfuck continued. I've been here twice now, banned two people, and shit calmed down.

/Wyatt Earp
just realized that i have a crush on Nightrunner :shock:

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:05 am

Nobody is going to point out that the last "apologetic" email was essentially plagiarized?

you guys are failing me :(
2807 wrote:Start with something simple like this? :

Dear XXX,

Please accept this letter as my final correspondence to you in this matter. I appreciate your thoroughness and thoughtfulness as you helped to clarify this challenging issue for me. Although the end result is not what I hoped for, I am grateful for the opportunity to approach you. I have gained clarity from this process that will serve me well as I carry on into law school and my career. I apologize for emotional appeals, and I hope that my passion was representative of my desire and aspirations, and nothing else. The faculty at XXXX are outstanding, and my time spent there remains a rich and rewarding experience. This entire process has served to motivate and inspire me to persevere and work even harder, and for that I am most-thankful.

Thank you,

XXXXXmeXXXX
jdhopeful11 wrote:dun dun dun..

my most recent and probably last email

Professor XXXX,

It is very difficult for me to take time off from work to deliver the assignment. Therefore, given how insignificant the grade change would be, I ask that you forgo correcting the 8/9 quiz grade.

In closing, I would like to apologize for the tone of my prior emails. The law school admissions process seems to have gotten under my skin, and looking over my words from earlier, I realize I have been quite out of line. I am sorry for that - and I appreciate your taking the time to help me navigate this stressful process. I apologize for emotional appeals, and hope that my passion was representative of my desire and aspirations, and nothing else. The faculty at XXXXXX are outstanding, and my time spent here remains a rich and rewarding experience. This entire process has served to motivate and inspire me to persevere and work even harder, and for that, I am most-thankful.

Thank you,

jdhopeful11 - GET IT UP

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:06 am

MY2010 wrote:
Nightrunner wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote: Vanwinkle was so much gentler :cry:
And this clusterfuck continued. I've been here twice now, banned two people, and shit calmed down.

/Wyatt Earp
just realized that i have a crush on Nightrunner :shock:
I was disappointed this clusterfuck ended. It was entertaining :lol:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:11 am

LSpleaseee wrote:Nobody is going to point out that the last "apologetic" email was essentially plagiarized?

you guys are failing me :(
2807 wrote:Start with something simple like this? :

Dear XXX,

Please accept this letter as my final correspondence to you in this matter. I appreciate your thoroughness and thoughtfulness as you helped to clarify this challenging issue for me. Although the end result is not what I hoped for, I am grateful for the opportunity to approach you. I have gained clarity from this process that will serve me well as I carry on into law school and my career. I apologize for emotional appeals, and I hope that my passion was representative of my desire and aspirations, and nothing else. The faculty at XXXX are outstanding, and my time spent there remains a rich and rewarding experience. This entire process has served to motivate and inspire me to persevere and work even harder, and for that I am most-thankful.

Thank you,

XXXXXmeXXXX
jdhopeful11 wrote:dun dun dun..

my most recent and probably last email

Professor XXXX,

It is very difficult for me to take time off from work to deliver the assignment. Therefore, given how insignificant the grade change would be, I ask that you forgo correcting the 8/9 quiz grade.

In closing, I would like to apologize for the tone of my prior emails. The law school admissions process seems to have gotten under my skin, and looking over my words from earlier, I realize I have been quite out of line. I am sorry for that - and I appreciate your taking the time to help me navigate this stressful process. I apologize for emotional appeals, and hope that my passion was representative of my desire and aspirations, and nothing else. The faculty at XXXXXX are outstanding, and my time spent here remains a rich and rewarding experience. This entire process has served to motivate and inspire me to persevere and work even harder, and for that, I am most-thankful.

Thank you,

jdhopeful11 - GET IT UP
Whoops.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:15 am

I read about the following case today for my professional responsibility course:

--LinkRemoved--

It reminded me of the OP, so I posted it here for your amusement. Some of you may be familiar with the case, but this article goes into more detail than my casebook does. I can get a little crazy sometimes, but I just don't understand why people think belligerence will help them get ahead.
Last edited by JazzOne on Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:20 am

JazzOne wrote:I had to read this article today for my professional responsibility course:

--LinkRemoved--

It reminded me of the OP, so I posted it here for your amusement. Some of you may be familiar with the case, but this article goes into more detail than my casebook. I can get a little crazy sometimes, but I just don't understand how they think belligerence will help them get ahead.
This is beyond hilarious.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:20 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
JazzOne wrote:I had to read this article today for my professional responsibility course:

--LinkRemoved--

It reminded me of the OP, so I posted it here for your amusement. Some of you may be familiar with the case, but this article goes into more detail than my casebook. I can get a little crazy sometimes, but I just don't understand how they think belligerence will help them get ahead.
This is beyond hilarious.
Astride the Peter Principle :lol: :lol:
Deanie on a Weanie
lololololol

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”