Addendum? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
house2011

New

Addendum?

Post by house2011 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:52 am

Hi all, I'm new to the site and I'm wondering if I could get some advice on a possible addendum.

I was filling out NYU's application and saw that they request an addendum if you have had a gap in your undergraduate studies.

After returning from study abroad this winter I decided to take the rest of the year off to read and decide what I wanted to do post undergrad. I started taking classes again over the summer and will be graduating this next spring. I didn't plan on writing an addendum to explain my time off because it was relatively short and didn't seem like a big deal.

Now that I see I'll have to write an addendum for NYU anyway, would it be a good idea to include the addendum with the rest of my apps because the time off occurred so recently or is that unnecessary?

Thanks in advance!

trudat15

Silver

Re: Addendum?

Post by trudat15 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:17 am

house2011 wrote:
I was filling out NYU's application and saw that they request an addendum if you have had a gap in your undergraduate studies.
Others would probably know better, but since they request an addendum to explain, I'm imagining you should.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:19 am

If they ask, include it. If they don't, don't.

haydee

New

Post by haydee » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:51 am

Most of the applications I'm filling out ask me to report and write an addendum about any gaps or interruptions. My addendum is a really short little paragraph -- 1 sentence on why I took the time off, 1 sentence on what I did during it, and 1 sentence on what I "learned" from the experience, so I won't seem flaky.

If they don't ask about it, though, I wouldn't include it.

house2011

New

Post by house2011 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:02 am

that's helpful, thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”