Would this count? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
oshberg28

Bronze

Would this count?

Post by oshberg28 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:19 am

A few applications ask whether any of your undergraduate or graduate studies were interrupted for one or more terms, and if so, why. Here's my situation - I was accepted into a graduate program, and attended literally one class before deciding that I couldn't attend any more (mostly due to work - I was working full-time - and other factors). So - no money paid, no grades received, really no record to speak of. Do I report this?

afcanoe

Bronze

Re: Would this count?

Post by afcanoe » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:39 am

oshberg28 wrote:A few applications ask whether any of your undergraduate or graduate studies were interrupted for one or more terms, and if so, why. Here's my situation - I was accepted into a graduate program, and attended literally one class before deciding that I couldn't attend any more (mostly due to work - I was working full-time - and other factors). So - no money paid, no grades received, really no record to speak of. Do I report this?
Wow - my situation is almost identical. I'm interested in an answer to this question, too. I *just* decided that I should send the transcript from my grad program (even though I only attended one class before disenrolling). I just don't want something like this to slow down/screw up my review process.

oshberg28

Bronze

Post by oshberg28 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:43 am

afcanoe wrote:
oshberg28 wrote:A few applications ask whether any of your undergraduate or graduate studies were interrupted for one or more terms, and if so, why. Here's my situation - I was accepted into a graduate program, and attended literally one class before deciding that I couldn't attend any more (mostly due to work - I was working full-time - and other factors). So - no money paid, no grades received, really no record to speak of. Do I report this?
Wow - my situation is almost identical. I'm interested in an answer to this question, too. I *just* decided that I should send the transcript from my grad program (even though I only attended one class before disenrolling). I just don't want something like this to slow down/screw up my review process.
Did you actually receive a grade for the class you took? In my situation, I only attended one actual day of classes - so there's no transcript or anything for me. If you took an entire class and received a grade, then I would say "yes", report it. I'm not so sure in my case though.

afcanoe

Bronze

Post by afcanoe » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:02 am

oshberg28 wrote:
afcanoe wrote:
Did you actually receive a grade for the class you took? In my situation, I only attended one actual day of classes - so there's no transcript or anything for me. If you took an entire class and received a grade, then I would say "yes", report it. I'm not so sure in my case though.
No grade. Just like you, I only attended one day of classes. However, there is a transcript online. There are all zeros for the credit earned, etc., but some schools stress that you report all schools attended, whether or not credit was earned.

oshberg28

Bronze

Post by oshberg28 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:10 am

afcanoe wrote:
oshberg28 wrote:
afcanoe wrote:
No grade. Just like you, I only attended one day of classes. However, there is a transcript online. There are all zeros for the credit earned, etc., but some schools stress that you report all schools attended, whether or not credit was earned.
Wow - it never even crossed my mind to send in a transcript for which no grades were received. If you didn't receive any grades, pay the school any money, etc. - IMO, there is no transcript to send. Technically you may have a transcript, but if it's filled with zeros, then there is no transcript. Oh well - reporting it is another deal.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

afcanoe

Bronze

Post by afcanoe » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:37 am

oshberg28 wrote:
afcanoe wrote: No grade. Just like you, I only attended one day of classes. However, there is a transcript online. There are all zeros for the credit earned, etc., but some schools stress that you report all schools attended, whether or not credit was earned.
Wow - it never even crossed my mind to send in a transcript for which no grades were received. If you didn't receive any grades, pay the school any money, etc. - IMO, there is no transcript to send. Technically you may have a transcript, but if it's filled with zeros, then there is no transcript. Oh well - reporting it is another deal.
I did have to pay the school money (there was a long break right after classes started, and I ended up missing the disenrollment deadline). Anyway, I didn't think I would have to report it, but I panicked about my review process getting stalled over a missing transcript, so I decided to send it anyway and write an addendum explaining the situation. I was just worried that schools would think I was hiding something, ya know? Plus, one school I'm applying to has a partnership with the graduate school, so I was worried that they would see it in my records.

oshberg28

Bronze

Post by oshberg28 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:41 am

afcanoe wrote:
oshberg28 wrote:
afcanoe wrote: No grade. Just like you, I only attended one day of classes. However, there is a transcript online. There are all zeros for the credit earned, etc., but some schools stress that you report all schools attended, whether or not credit was earned.
I did have to pay the school money (there was a long break right after classes started, and I ended up missing the disenrollment deadline). Anyway, I didn't think I would have to report it, but I panicked about my review process getting stalled over a missing transcript, so I decided to send it anyway and write an addendum explaining the situation. I was just worried that schools would think I was hiding something, ya know? Plus, one school I'm applying to has a partnership with the graduate school, so I was worried that they would see it in my records.
Ah, yeah I understand that. Better to just report it then.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:56 pm

Better report and be safe.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”