Am I the only one getting nervous? Early apps in a week...! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TOMaHULK

Silver

Re: Am I the only one getting nervous? Early apps in a week...!

Post by TOMaHULK » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:45 am

GettingReady2010 wrote:
lakerfanimal wrote:
bk187 wrote:I think you're overthinking it. They care about their numbers, they only need to report the top score. Do they really want to read that you didn't prepare enough the first time? I don't think they do, I think they will use your other statements to glean what they can and if nothing else seems amiss, they will just consider your top score.

I could be wrong, but intuitively, in a process that cares almost entirely on numbers, that's how I look at it.

I've seen a couple of examples of people that did not write addendum at schools that seemed to suggest you write one (we encourage you to) and they still got in. I'm personally not writing one. I think if you don't have a great reason for your jump, better to have them wonder why (if they even care, I know Berkeley doesn't anymore and Northwestern doesn't either) then think you're someone who makes excuses.
This is what I was thinking to, but what do we know. We have no idea how adcomms think.
In retrospect, with it being mentioned about my 7 point increase within 3 tests, yes it makes more sense for me not too. I doubt with even one test. The excuses comment hit me too.

I don't think I'm going to write one unless they specifically ask for one on their website. If they do, then I will follow procedure and give them what they ask for.

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:05 am

I'm in a similar score jump situation, and after reading several Dean interviews, I'll be writing an addendum for most schools, I think. I went through and quoted some of the deans on another thread, so check it out. http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=127964

If the Dean of Admissions "suggests" an addendum in an interview for something like TLS, I'm going to take his/her advice.

TOMaHULK

Silver

Post by TOMaHULK » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:13 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:I'm in a similar score jump situation, and after reading several Dean interviews, I'll be writing an addendum for most schools, I think. I went through and quoted some of the deans on another thread, so check it out. http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=127964

If the Dean of Admissions "suggests" an addendum in an interview for something like TLS, I'm going to take his/her advice.
Thanks for posting this. SRS

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”