Using a Service Like Interfolio for LORs??? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JCElks1

New

Using a Service Like Interfolio for LORs???

Post by JCElks1 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:53 am

Hi,

I did my undergrad degree overseas and am currently in the midst of preparing my JD application, including sorting out my letters of recommendation.

I'm no longer in the country that I did my undergrad degree in, but I'm going to be using two of my professors for my letters of recommendation. My problem is that since these letters need to be sent overseas, I need to make the arrangements to pay for the shipping costs. This is proving to be a bit difficult, since I'm not there in person. A friend of mine recommended using Interfolio for my letters of recommendation. However, since the LSAC requires that the letters of recommendation have handwritten signatures, I doubt that using Interfolio would be possible (since it's my understanding that it wouldn't be an original signature, etc).

Has anyone used Interfolio for their law school LORs? Or has anyone else encountered the same difficulty in getting overseas LORs sent? Any tips or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

kalvano

Diamond

Re: Using a Service Like Interfolio for LORs???

Post by kalvano » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:24 pm

I just signed the LSAC LOR form, scanned it in for each recommender, and then emailed it to them.

They printed the form, signed where they are supposed to, and sent it in with their LOR.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”