C&F for Educational Suspensions Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
StrictlyLiable

Bronze

C&F for Educational Suspensions

Post by StrictlyLiable » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:00 am

My undergraduate record is clean, but my high school record is quite the opposite. During my four years there I was suspended more times than I can remember, but stating this on my C&F is not the problem. When I tried to get the information from the school, apparently they changed database systems since I graduated in 2005 and can't retrieve the information. So my question is, when I state "Yes" to the suspensions on the C&F form and it asks to explain fully, is it acceptable to just admit that it happened several times but I can't find the specifics?

CyLaw

Gold

Re: C&F for Educational Suspensions

Post by CyLaw » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:09 am

IIRC from other posters experience, what the examiners will want is a letter from the school saying that the records do not exist or can not be found, in addition to what you have already stated to do.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:17 am

You probably will receive a request from law schools for more details about each suspension. If you write that you can't remember, then law school admissions officers may think that the offenses were more serious than you would like to admit. Bottom line is that law schools will want details about each incident.

StrictlyLiable

Bronze

Post by StrictlyLiable » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:57 am

CanadianWolf wrote:You probably will receive a request from law schools for more details about each suspension. If you write that you can't remember, then law school admissions officers may think that the offenses were more serious than you would like to admit. Bottom line is that law schools will want details about each incident.

Yeah I understand that. Its definitely not that I am unwilling to admit what happened, its just that the ability to find the records do not exist.

StrictlyLiable

Bronze

Post by StrictlyLiable » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:09 pm

Bump?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:12 pm

Your original post asked if you could tell law schools that you cannot find specifics about your numerous high school suspensions. That won't be acceptable. You will have to explain to the best of your recollection.

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:49 pm

Every law school app. I have seen only asks for conduct from colleges, universities, or grad schools. I've never seen one ask about high school...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”