Study Abroad Grades Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mapes

New

Study Abroad Grades

Post by mapes » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:39 pm

Hey guys, I studied abroad this summer and received around an 85%. in the country i studied this is "high distinction" and is the highest honor one can receive. It is transferring back to my university as a pass/fail grade (obviously i passed) due to the major differences in the grading scales. My question is, will this be looked at as a P or a B by LSAC?

Thanks so much,

B

Rudy

New

Re: Study Abroad Grades

Post by Rudy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:07 pm

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:09 pm

This has been answered a million times if you search on TLS...or LSAC's site.

manbearwig

Bronze

Post by manbearwig » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:17 pm

mapes wrote:Hey guys, I studied abroad this summer and received around an 85%. in the country i studied this is "high distinction" and is the highest honor one can receive. It is transferring back to my university as a pass/fail grade (obviously i passed) due to the major differences in the grading scales. My question is, will this be looked at as a P or a B by LSAC?

Thanks so much,

B
Were you actually enrolled at the school, or was it all through your home university? (I studied abroad my junior year, and while most of my classes were through my home university's program in that country, I did take an art class at a local art school. However, I was never actually enrolled in the school, so there were no transcripts or anything. At the end of the class, the professor teaching it wrote down my grade on a piece of paper and sent it to the director of the program. The grade was then just counted as a P on my transcript.)

mapes

New

Post by mapes » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:53 am

ha well there you go. apologies for my ignorance. and thanks for the direction.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”