Wrote my personal statement about hazing pledges. Problem? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
PantsFartington

New

Wrote my personal statement about hazing pledges. Problem?

Post by PantsFartington » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:43 pm

My frat used to do this really hilarious hazing stuff, most of which was totally legal. Anyway, I wrote my PS about this hilarious time we did some stuff to some pledges and ended up getting dinged at all T25 schools despite having 3.6/169, so I'm wondering if this might have screwed me?

Like I said, it wasn't anything illegal necessarily, though there was like a little bit of shoplifting (don't want to get into it and out myself but trust me story was HILARIO)

cartercl

Bronze

Re: Wrote my personal statement about hazing pledges. Problem?

Post by cartercl » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Generally, the act of hazing IS illegal regardless of whether the act performed by a pledge as a result of hazing was legal. So yeah, I'd say that was probably your problem.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:49 pm

PantsFartington wrote:My frat used to do this really hilarious hazing stuff, most of which was totally legal. Anyway, I wrote my PS about this hilarious time we did some stuff to some pledges and ended up getting dinged at all T25 schools despite having 3.6/169, so I'm wondering if this might have screwed me?

Like I said, it wasn't anything illegal necessarily, though there was like a little bit of shoplifting (don't want to get into it and out myself but trust me story was HILARIO)
Poor effort, I expect better next time.

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:01 pm

PantsFartington wrote:My frat used to do this really hilarious hazing stuff, most of which was totally legal. Anyway, I wrote my PS about this hilarious time we did some stuff to some pledges and ended up getting dinged at all T25 schools despite having 3.6/169, so I'm wondering if this might have screwed me?

this post combined with the user name is just great.

ScaredWorkedBored

Bronze

Post by ScaredWorkedBored » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:11 pm

0/10

Also kids, hazing generally involves felony conduct.

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:33 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”