Addendum Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
esq

Silver

Addendum Question

Post by esq » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:14 pm

I need to add an addendum to my resume that is just one sentence long. It is meant to clear up what will be a one year gap in my work history when I enter law school and will look something like this:

Addendum:
I am the primary caretaker of my child this year while my wife finishes her Bachelor of Science and gains lab experience.

The details that outline the fact that we just had a baby a few months ago, which makes this situation tenable, are in my PS. I simply want to know if I can add this to the bottom of my resume's 2nd pg, or if I have to add a separate page for this one sentence explanation? In my opinion, it looks fine on the second page of my resume, but I have never written an addendum before and so I want to be clear that I am doing it correctly.

Thanks

thecilent

Gold

Re: Addendum Question

Post by thecilent » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:16 pm

I would put it neither place and add that one sentence somewhere in your PS.

Also: two full pages for a resume.. idkkkk

esq

Silver

Post by esq » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:33 pm

Cilent21 wrote:I would put it neither place and add that one sentence somewhere in your PS.

That's the thing. I have two different versions of my PS. In one, it is included. In the other, the 12pt fnt. 2pg limit means that I've stripped anything that can be included in my resume. This allows me to keep the important aspects that explain how I overcame less than desirable circumstances intact in my PS. Believe me, I've tried to fit it, but it won't fit.

So I agree with you, but in this case I just need to know if tagging an addendum onto the last page of my resume is OK?

Thanks for the input.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:45 pm

esq wrote:
Cilent21 wrote:I would put it neither place and add that one sentence somewhere in your PS.

That's the thing. I have two different versions of my PS. In one, it is included. In the other, the 12pt fnt. 2pg limit means that I've stripped anything that can be included in my resume. This allows me to keep the important aspects that explain how I overcame less than desirable circumstances intact in my PS. Believe me, I've tried to fit it, but it won't fit.

So I agree with you, but in this case I just need to know if tagging an addendum onto the last page of my resume is OK?

Thanks for the input.
I think it's okay because it is explaining a gap in your work -- which is what the resume is for. If it was anything else, I'd say no.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”