Do you report your dual-enrollment college to CAS? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Deuce

Silver

Do you report your dual-enrollment college to CAS?

Post by Deuce » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:20 pm

I dual-enrolled for one course in high school at my local community college, and this course, college, and grade are all reported on my UG school's transcript. Do I still do "add another institution" when using LSAC's CAS to show this, or is the fact that this one course is on my UG's transcript enough and I only submit that one?

Thank you!

lawduder

Bronze

Re: Do you report your dual-enrollment college to CAS?

Post by lawduder » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:51 pm

Yeah, you'll have to go to the community college and get them to send the transcripts with the whole LSAC form deal. I had to deal with the same thing. Also yes, add the community college to your CAS on LSAC

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:07 pm

So you request it through both LSAC, and you have to have your school send it? I hope the second part can be done over the phone because I have no intention of visiting my far away hometown any time in the near future...

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:10 pm

Ildeuce wrote:So you request it through both LSAC, and you have to have your school send it? I hope the second part can be done over the phone because I have no intention of visiting my far away hometown any time in the near future...
Yes, you will definitely have to have the community college you dual-enrolled at to send an official transcript to LSAC. I was able to order mine online and most of the time you can call and order it as well. Schools know that students move away. I had 8 dual-enrollment classes and even though they are on my undergrad record, LSAC still needed it. It falls under, "send a transcript from EVERY school you've attended"

lawduder

Bronze

Post by lawduder » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:13 pm

Ildeuce wrote:So you request it through both LSAC, and you have to have your school send it? I hope the second part can be done over the phone because I have no intention of visiting my far away hometown any time in the near future...
I faxed the community college I took DE courses in the LSAC form and told them to send my transcripts and the form to LSAC.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

1republic

New

Post by 1republic » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:22 pm

I am trying to add the community college I took a class at in high school on CAS, and it says to Select either Bachelor's, Graduate, or Law. But since I didn't receive any degree from this institution, what should I choose?

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:41 pm

1republic wrote:I am trying to add the community college I took a class at in high school on CAS, and it says to Select either Bachelor's, Graduate, or Law. But since I didn't receive any degree from this institution, what should I choose?
If you took it as dual enrollment, and the 3 credits counted towards your UG when you went to college, then it counts as Bachelor's. However, if the class you took did not count in anyway towards your college degree and was high school only, I'm not sure if you need to collect that transcript at all.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:34 pm

1republic wrote:I am trying to add the community college I took a class at in high school on CAS, and it says to Select either Bachelor's, Graduate, or Law. But since I didn't receive any degree from this institution, what should I choose?
Bachelor's

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”