Applying three consecutive cycles...Stigma? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
PlugInBaby

Bronze

Applying three consecutive cycles...Stigma?

Post by PlugInBaby » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:50 pm

Is there a big stigma on that? I have cycle #2 coming up but I can see a situation where a job I would have would be more satisfactory than the level of schools that would be accessible to me at this moment. Thanks ahead of time.

sparty2L

New

Re: Applying three consecutive cycles...Stigma?

Post by sparty2L » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:06 pm

I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be. If the adcomms ask, it sounds like you have a solid reason for doing this and so I doubt there would be a problem or any bias against you.

Haribo

Bronze

Post by Haribo » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:49 pm

sparty2L wrote:I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be. If the adcomms ask, it sounds like you have a solid reason for doing this and so I doubt there would be a problem or any bias against you.
Really? I'm not an adcomm, so I have no idea, but while applying twice does NOT have a bias, it seems like applying a third time might seem excessive. I would ask an actual adcomm (either call or try and get in touch with Dean Pless here on TLS) and see what they feel.

Snorre

New

Post by Snorre » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:22 pm

Haribo wrote:
sparty2L wrote:I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be. If the adcomms ask, it sounds like you have a solid reason for doing this and so I doubt there would be a problem or any bias against you.
Really? I'm not an adcomm, so I have no idea, but while applying twice does NOT have a bias, it seems like applying a third time might seem excessive. I would ask an actual adcomm (either call or try and get in touch with Dean Pless here on TLS) and see what they feel.
Dean Pless briefly addresses this in the 3rd question of his TLS interview :)

--LinkRemoved--

PlugInBaby

Bronze

Post by PlugInBaby » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:19 am

Snorre wrote:
Haribo wrote:

--LinkRemoved--
The statement seems a little ambiguous. I do not know whether he is referring to those who have applied twice or accepted twice.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dominkay

Bronze

Post by dominkay » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:41 am

PlugInBaby wrote:
Snorre wrote:
Haribo wrote:

--LinkRemoved--
The statement seems a little ambiguous. I do not know whether he is referring to those who have applied twice or accepted twice.
It seems pretty clear to me that he's talking about people who were accepted twice.

PlugInBaby

Bronze

Post by PlugInBaby » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:43 am

dominkay wrote:It seems pretty clear to me that he's talking about people who were accepted twice.
That is what I was hoping. Thought that may have only been wishful thinking on my part. Either way the prospects look uplifiting in that regard. Thanks for your replies!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”