Go and try to transfer or retake. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
WLWL

New

Go and try to transfer or retake.

Post by WLWL » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:06 pm

I received a scholly at my T2 state school but really have reservations about going, however, I also have reservations about waiting a year as I have no idea what to do with the year. I am contemplating on attending the T2 and dedicating my life to finish high the first year and transfer up, however, I know that is not the smartest thing to believe. I am also testing very well on PT's and feel a 168-172 is possible in October. Any thoughts as to what to do?

TommyK

Silver

Re: Go and try to transfer or retake.

Post by TommyK » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:21 pm

WLWL wrote:I received a scholly at my T2 state school but really have reservations about going, however, I also have reservations about waiting a year as I have no idea what to do with the year. I am contemplating on attending the T2 and dedicating my life to finish high the first year and transfer up, however, I know that is not the smartest thing to believe. I am also testing very well on PT's and feel a 168-172 is possible in October. Any thoughts as to what to do?
Question that is posed over and over again at TLS. Check out the cached responses. General consensus = do not go to a school that you would not be happy graduating from. Just because you expect to graduate at the top of the class and be in a great position doesn't mean you will. It may be hard to imagine because everybody is brought up being told they will succeed at everything they try, but just assuming that you'll be in that spot will set you up for a very ugly surprise.

Either take the scholly at T2 (which may be an excellent option if you want to practice in-state), or take off a year - enjoy it, travel, feed the homeless, whatever.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”