LawSchoolNumbers.com Fudging of Numbers Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lawls

Bronze

Re: LawSchoolNumbers.com Fudging of Numbers

Post by lawls » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:46 pm

romothesavior wrote:
lawls wrote:So when making up slightly fudged numbers, do you think perople are more likely to give themselves better or worse numbers?

The only numbers you should really trust are the schools 25/median/75ths, as these are their real numbers. LSN is helpful for splitters, but for ordinary applicants you are most helped by paying attention to the school's own published numbers.
Ehh not necessarily. That isn't all that helpful for determining how the individual school handles applicants.

LSAT at median and GPA below median at a lot of schools = WL or Ding
LSAT at median and GPA below median at, say, WUSTL = Practically auto-accept

LSN is also helpful for guessing scholarships. 25/med/75 won't help you figure that out on your own.
Some schools it seems to help more than others, but if you have a median lsat you should be applying to the school. I realize your chances aren't always great but given the marginal costs as compared to the returns, there is no reason not to target "reaches" where you have a median lsat.

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:02 pm

volfan6415, your tar is amazing!!!

dominkay

Bronze

Post by dominkay » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:07 pm

romothesavior wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:
volfan6415 wrote:schools don't have time to scour LSN looking for people who have applied to their school and attempting to "match" that profile to one of their applications.
I know for a fact that one adcomm found my LSN profile and actually was able to find my TLS profile as well (they are the same). It didn't affect my application at all though (still accepted with a scholly that matched what others with my numbers received).
I have also been found via TLS.
How and why???

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:40 pm

dominkay wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:
volfan6415 wrote:schools don't have time to scour LSN looking for people who have applied to their school and attempting to "match" that profile to one of their applications.
I know for a fact that one adcomm found my LSN profile and actually was able to find my TLS profile as well (they are the same). It didn't affect my application at all though (still accepted with a scholly that matched what others with my numbers received).
I have also been found via TLS.
How and why???
IAFG wrote:1) searches make it really easy to track people down. I've done it; it takes like 20 seconds

2) schools that worry a lot about their yield would have the motive

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:42 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:I really wish all law schools would provide the ABA with an LSAT/GPA matrix for publication. A lot of them do, and I think it's a useful tool.
The ones I've seen only show people who they've accepted with particular numbers. Do any law schools show rejections as well?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:48 pm

Desert Fox wrote: Don't put it up until the end of your cycle. 1 Pt on the LSAT is a huge factor.
This. Last cycle, I entered my real LSAT, and slightly fudged my GPA. For many schools, there seems to be a hard LSAT cutoff, so fudging this number could confuse applicants looking at the school's graph.

volfan6415

New

Post by volfan6415 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:53 am

trialjunky wrote:volfan6415, your tar is amazing!!!
TITCR

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”