Best International Law Programs Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Joeshan520

Bronze

Best International Law Programs

Post by Joeshan520 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:45 am

I need some suggestions on good law schools specializing in international trade or international (commercial/ treaty) arbitration?

Thanks!

PLATONiC

Bronze

Re: Best International Law Programs

Post by PLATONiC » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:52 am

Probably about a year ago, I would have responded to this post by saying "I can already see the wrath of TLS being brought upon this thread." But that was before people started to give up on bashing people pursuing "international law."

Why don't you go run a search on Google; you'll be able to find the USNWR International law rankings.

Just remember that there is no such thing as international law.

pelmen74

Bronze

Post by pelmen74 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:25 am

PLATONiC wrote:Probably about a year ago, I would have responded to this post by saying "I can already see the wrath of TLS being brought upon this thread." But that was before people started to give up on bashing people pursuing "international law."

Why don't you go run a search on Google; you'll be able to find the USNWR International law rankings.

Just remember that there is no such thing as international law.
I am sorry, but I am also sick of people saying that there is no such thing as International Law outside the academic sphere. There is. Someone has to draft treaties, UN resolutions, international arbitration agreements etc. IR law exists, it is a very small field, but that doesn't mean that no one works in it.

PLATONiC

Bronze

Post by PLATONiC » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:04 am

pelmen74 wrote:
I am sorry, but I am also sick of people saying that there is no such thing as International Law outside the academic sphere. There is. Someone has to draft treaties, UN resolutions, international arbitration agreements etc. IR law exists, it is a very small field, but that doesn't mean that no one works in it.
No shit.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”