Visiting Admissions Offices? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
username99

Bronze

Visiting Admissions Offices?

Post by username99 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:22 pm

Sorry for the repeat question (I just mentioned this in another thread), but I thought I'd make this its own thread.

Has anyone here tried visiting an admission office? I'm going to be in Austin in a few months and Chicago tomorrow and I plan to stop into the admissions offices at Texas and Northwestern to introduce myself. Both are reaches (obviously NW moreso). Has anyone else tried this? I know they won't say "Oh my gosh, you are in! We love you!" but I'm hoping to at least put myself on their radar or at least make a contact there to email later on in the process. Has anyone done this anywhere?

Thanks. In response for your answer, I offer you this face: :lol:

username99

Bronze

Re: Visiting Admissions Offices?

Post by username99 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:25 pm

Well, there's at least no harm, right? Right?!? I'm hoping to stop by tomorrow so if anyone has ever tried it and gotten a horrible response, please let me know.

animalcrkrs

Bronze

Post by animalcrkrs » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:29 pm

There is not harm, but you are right in assuming it won't make that much of a difference.
That said, if you sit in on a class (they are in session during the summer at NU) you might be able to use the visit in a LOCI later down the road or a Why NU essay.
Enjoy the trip, Chicago is amazing right now! :)

username99

Bronze

Post by username99 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:30 pm

animalcrkrs wrote:There is not harm, but you are right in assuming it won't make that much of a difference.
That said, if you sit in on a class (they are in session during the summer at NU) you might be able to use the visit in a LOCI later down the road or a Why NU essay.
Enjoy the trip, Chicago is amazing right now! :)
Awesome thanks so much! And hey....what's a LOCI?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”