LORs Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
apropos

New

LORs

Post by apropos » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:31 pm

Hi everyone. I have a really quick question and I hope someone can save me the trouble of searching school by school for the answer. I understand LSAC keeps letters on file for 5 years. Are there schools that require either (a) more than two letters or (b) any forms specific to that school.

I'm going to apply next year, but am going to have my profs write letters now so it's all set away while I'm nearby.

Thanks. These forums are really helpful.

Knock

Platinum

Re: LORs

Post by Knock » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:57 pm

apropos wrote:Hi everyone. I have a really quick question and I hope someone can save me the trouble of searching school by school for the answer. I understand LSAC keeps letters on file for 5 years. Are there schools that require either (a) more than two letters or (b) any forms specific to that school.

I'm going to apply next year, but am going to have my profs write letters now so it's all set away while I'm nearby.

Thanks. These forums are really helpful.
For (B) I know Stanford, and some other schools, requires a dean certification, but I don't think any school requires a school specific LOR. I could be wrong though. As for (A), i'm not really sure, but I think 2 is enough.

I know there is a website that's like apprerqs.com or somethign that has all the application requirements for the top 100 schools. Not sure of the exact link though.

apropos

New

Re: LORs

Post by apropos » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:18 pm

Great, thanks.

You gave me enough info to find the site. It's --LinkRemoved--

Looks like only a few schools, all of which I dont care about, want three. It doesn't say whether anywhere requires a school specific LOR form, but from looking at a number of school websites, it looks like everywhere's good with LSAC's.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”