reminder email to LOR professor Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
xqhp82

Bronze

reminder email to LOR professor

Post by xqhp82 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:03 pm

I have asked my professor to write me a LOR earlier in May, it's been more than 1.5 months now and i believe my professor still hasn't started writing it. I asked him in person and he promised he is really eager to write me one and he said he'd do a great job on it, but then i know that he's quite a slacker in reality. in early June I asked him how's the letter going, he said he forgot about it and thanked me for reminding him, telling me he'd do it asap....but since then i haven't heard from him again. i know he sounds like a completely unreliable person, but he knows me best from the classes i've taken with him, so i really need his LOR submitted. I don't want to delay this any longer, if i want him to get it done by mid July, how can i write a polite email that does the job of basically demanding him to get things done RIGHT NOW?? i don't want to sound too pushy or disrespectful and my worst fear is him writing me a crap letter and turn it in the next day. so please give me some advice thanks.

MURPH

Silver

Re: reminder email to LOR professor

Post by MURPH » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:57 pm

Speak to him in person. Be cool. Tell him you want to have the apps ready July 1st and if he could submit it by then that would really help make things smooth for you. Then go bug him July 2nd.

xqhp82

Bronze

Post by xqhp82 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:33 am

that would be ideal but i'm out of the country now....so email is the only way to bug him and i'm afraid it may not be very effective. but i will definitely try to talk to him about it first. Is two extra weeks a good enough time for him and not too demanding of me to write a good LOR?

globallawyer

New

Post by globallawyer » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:56 am

I had the same issue last year. I was studying abroad in the fall while applying. Go ahead and email. One of my professors had forgotten and was glad I emailed her. If you're out of the country, there's not much else you can do.

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:52 pm

just send him a polite email asking how he is progressing on your LOR. Fact is, you can't apply until September, so you don't really need to demand that he gets it done by July 1...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”