Professional Resume Critique Services Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
eternallearner

Bronze

Professional Resume Critique Services

Post by eternallearner » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:23 pm

This posting is for a friend.

Background:
I went to a top UG and Graduate Program that offers professional resume/cover letter critique to alumni. After going through many rounds of revision I see a difference in the quality of my resume/cover letter. This translates to a greater number of interviews. Previously, I did not believe that a professional service would be genuinely helpful.

My good friend who has strong work ethics and leadership potential is not so fortunate to have this kind of service offer to her by her alma mater. The only option I can think about is to hire a professional resume editor. Do you know of such service? If you can offer any other suggestions, I would be happy to hear about it.

Thank you!
Last edited by eternallearner on Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: Professional Resume Critique Services

Post by CanadianWolf » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:28 pm

It is probably one of the most common internet/work-at-home businesses in existence. Many communities offer free resume assistance to anyone in the community as do several church groups.

pjo

Silver

Post by pjo » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:31 pm

Why don’t you just do your friend a favor and change their name to yours on their existing resume and then submit it to the service offered at your school that did yours?

eternallearner

Bronze

Post by eternallearner » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:36 pm

LOL! You are hilarious! I thought about doing that. However, I have already submitted my resume/cover letter for critique. Therefore, my career service knows who I am and my experience. My experience is VERY DIFFERENT from hers.

Thanks though :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”