Applying While Abroad Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
upalittletoolate

New

Applying While Abroad

Post by upalittletoolate » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:23 am

How does one indicate that you'll be out of the country during the admissions process? I plan to have my apps complete by late September and be overseas from October to February- would this be a huge problem? I don't believe any of my schools conduct interviews, but what about making decisions on scholarships and the like?

xyzzzzzzzz

Bronze

Re: Applying While Abroad

Post by xyzzzzzzzz » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:14 pm

Last edited by xyzzzzzzzz on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

World B. Free

Bronze

Post by World B. Free » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Being out of the country should be no problem... schools will have a mailing address for you so with status checkers and someone checking your mail you won't miss a thing.

Bronze

Post by 342848386278 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:57 pm

xyzzzzzzzz wrote:most schools have online status checkers. If you get your apps in before you leave, I don't think you'll have a prob. Being abroad and having crap internet would be a real issue.
TITCR. I applied while living in France last year with no trouble - nearly all schools have online status checkers and expect you to submit everything online through LSAC anyhow. In addition, everywhere I applied specifically had space on their forms to indicate a temporary mailing address if needed (ex : mail me in France until may first, then start sending mail to a different address back in the states).

It is helpful to get your LORs taken care of before you leave the country, but even those can be coordinated via snail mail / faxing if need be.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”