Reapplication Process Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rossrobert

New

Reapplication Process

Post by rossrobert » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:28 am

Can anyone offer any advice/your experiences with reapplying to schools? Thanks.

raperez129

Bronze

Re: Reapplication Process

Post by raperez129 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:32 am

Find out if the school will schedule a time with you to review your prior application and advise what more could be done to improve it. I did this with the admissions office with two schools, and they were both very helpful.

cnc2114

New

Post by cnc2114 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:35 am

APPLY AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. Applying late will completely screw your application cycle. I have made this mistake TWICE, so trust me.

Talk to the pre-law advisor at your school and have them review your application if you didn't do that the first time. Also, take the time to really perfect your personal statement (or other addenda) if you had ANY reservations about it the first time around.

Submit a new baller ass LOR with your LORs from last year (which most schools should still have on file as they hang onto applicants' files for a year after they're submitted), and obviously retake the LSAT if your scores were not where you wanted them to be last cycle.

Bottom line: do better, try harder.

Redamon1

Bronze

Post by Redamon1 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:23 pm

Any value in asking recommenders to send in "fresh" LORs? In my case, I would anticipate the letters to be essentially the same as last year but I wondered whether having a letter dated from 1+ years ago would hurt my chances.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”