Deciding where to attend Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Goodlaw

New

Deciding where to attend

Post by Goodlaw » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:29 pm

I am deciding between Widener Law (DE) and Pace Law (NY). Neither was my first choice but I don't have the time to defer another year. I received some (not much) money from both but Pace will remain about 10-15k more a year. From discussing this with some of my friends that are lawyers or in law school, I was told larger firms recruit at Pace but is it worth the money? If I go to Widener, I will live in Wilmington for the first year but after that, I may be able to move in with my family (although its not preferable since I haven't been living at home for 6 years). Debt scares me but I know I can't avoid it anymore...Any advice?

Also, I am currently on the waitlist at Rutgers Camden. Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything yet?

GermX

Silver

Re: Deciding where to attend

Post by GermX » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:31 pm

Go to Pace, at least you'll be in NYC and will enjoy those 3 years.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:34 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't go to either.

Pace is a festering hole.

Widener, however, is at least the only school in Delaware.

If you must go (and I wish you wouldn't), go to Widener, get a job in Delaware, and never leave.

Goodlaw

New

Post by Goodlaw » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:39 pm

rad law wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't go to either.

If you must go (and I wish you wouldn't), go to Widener, get a job in Delaware, and never leave.

What makes you say Pace is a festering hole? And going to Delaware to never leave seems a little dramatic...

Other25BeforeYou

Silver

Post by Other25BeforeYou » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:50 pm

GermX wrote:Go to Pace, at least you'll be in NYC and will enjoy those 3 years.
Except the part where you'll be in White Plains, which is not in the city.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:02 am

Goodlaw wrote:
rad law wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't go to either.

What makes you say Pace is a festering hole? And going to Delaware to never leave seems a little dramatic...
Pace is a TTT near an incredibly saturated market. A whopping 5 firms and 5 govt. agencies come for OCI. No guarantee if they come that they even hire, by the way.

Widener pretty much places in Delaware and I guess the surrounding environs (Harrisburg, PA?), but I can't find any employment info (even the terrible self-reported stats) on their website. This is a bad sign. 7 firms come for OCI. If you can somehow land a job from Widener and built up a client base over the years, you would probably end up not leaving. That's just how it is.

Cory045

New

Post by Cory045 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:39 pm

I would recommend you apply to duquesne university's law school. The rankings aren't great but if you perform well there you will get hired by a good pittsburgh law firm. There is not a lot of market saturation considering pitt and duquesne are the only ones around the western pa area.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”