Pre Grad School Classes Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ccs569

New

Pre Grad School Classes

Post by ccs569 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:08 pm

Quick question:

I have a low GPA, but feel that I could have good recs and scores. Additionally, my grades varied throughout all four years (with no real upward or downward trend, but instead up and down every quarter).

My question is, if I am interested in applying to law school or business school, or maybe a JDMBA program, would it be advantageous for me to take some graduate classes and work hard to ensure top marks, thereby showing what I am capable of and that I am not the same student that I was back in college?

If so, what sort of classes would they be? I am currently working in Chicago- do Depaul or UChicago offer such courses?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks so much!

Diamond

Re: Pre Grad School Classes

Post by 09042014 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:18 pm

ccs569 wrote:Quick question:

I have a low GPA, but feel that I could have good recs and scores. Additionally, my grades varied throughout all four years (with no real upward or downward trend, but instead up and down every quarter).

My question is, if I am interested in applying to law school or business school, or maybe a JDMBA program, would it be advantageous for me to take some graduate classes and work hard to ensure top marks, thereby showing what I am capable of and that I am not the same student that I was back in college?

If so, what sort of classes would they be? I am currently working in Chicago- do Depaul or UChicago offer such courses?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks so much!
I wouldn't bother, they won't care. Double down on the LSAT.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”