in DEEP TROUBLE, PLEASE HELP!! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
xyzzzzzzzz

Bronze

Re: in DEEP TROUBLE, PLEASE HELP!!

Post by xyzzzzzzzz » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:11 am

Last edited by xyzzzzzzzz on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Case2L

Bronze

Post by Case2L » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:19 am

Sorry if this has already been mentioned (I'm not going to read all four pages), but is this a course that you could replace with a CLEP exam? Many moons ago when I was a UG, I was within weeks of graduating and found out I had a D on a required class that I took as a freshman, and I was able to register to take the CLEP exam the next day, pass it, and graduate on time.

clseller

New

Post by clseller » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:41 am

Is there no way to petition being short the half unit? My gf petitioned when she was short one unit within her major department. She petitioned to the department chair of her major, and it was granted. The department chair put her on the degree list so the college could see that she completed all requirements for her major. I'm not sure if she had 119/120 units or just 39/40 department required units that added to exceed 120 units. I guess it would be worth a shot to petition your college or department.

hsprophet

Bronze

Post by hsprophet » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:23 pm

airfrance87 wrote:
airfrance87 wrote:not so good news guys.

What the staff told is that my degree will only be conferred in November. The only thing they can do in august is sending out a letter to law school saying this guy has completed all the requirement and is eligible for graduation. The adviser said I have to ask law school to see if this is ok.

so basically, with the petition of my failed course pending, I think I will have to be truthful and honest with the law school and deal with the consequence. So guys, could you help me think of a way to say this to law school and maybe (if a miracle happens) keep my offer....somehow?
plz help me!!

thanks so much!
It's simple. Call the law school admissions department and tell them it looks like you won't be graduating until after summer classes. Don't whine, just tell the simple facts. They will tell you what to do.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”