deleted Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
yahoolawschool

New

deleted

Post by yahoolawschool » Sat May 08, 2010 3:30 am

:mrgreen:
Last edited by yahoolawschool on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TheCheerfulPessimist

New

Re: Will they ding me if send this email????

Post by TheCheerfulPessimist » Sat May 08, 2010 3:31 am

I'm not an expert on this, but I haven't heard any horror stories about a school rescinding an offer like that. I would go for it, but just be classy and polite in the way you word it, and don't make any threats of withdrawing or anything like that.

voice of reason

Bronze

Post by voice of reason » Sat May 08, 2010 3:39 am

I don't see them rescinding your offer for asking about a switch to full-time.

legalease9

Silver

Post by legalease9 » Sat May 08, 2010 3:43 am

The worst thing they can do is say no, take our original offer or leave it. They will NOT reject your initial offer. Just be polite and you will be fine. Write a convincing letter and they might even say yes! Nothing to lose at least.

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Post by SwollenMonkey » Sat May 08, 2010 4:23 am

yahoolawschool wrote:i was waitlisted at Southwestern 2 months ago and this week i was finally admitted. i had orignially applied for full time program but when i got waitlisted, they asked me if i was interested in being considered for full time/ part time day/ part time evening program... so i said yes to all three to increase my chance to get in.. i received an admit email this week and it said that i was admitted to the PART TIME EVENING program.. WTH... I don't wanna go to school at night! I won't be working during the day. so I'm thinking about sending a letter to the assistant dean (who sent me the admit email) to ask for a permission to switch to full time program. In the admit email, it said that he will try to accommodate students' needs and schedules whenever possible.... and says, "let me know if you would like to explore flexible enrollment options." But I think this is generic admit email...

I'm abit afraid that if i send an email requesting to change to full time, he will deny my request and possibly backfire and cancel their offer for the part time. Because I think their standards for part time is a little lower than that of full time.... What do you think? Should I still try?

Thanks for your help.
Care to share your stats in the Southwestern section of this forum?

Find it here
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =7&t=96686

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Sat May 08, 2010 9:46 am

didn't bother to read other thread.. too hungover.. but I would suggest that you do one semester at PT and then switch over. that way you are a student no mater what. btw the PT is only 4 classes instead of 5 so over the course of 2/5 more years I would hope you could make up 1 more class.

FlightoftheEarls

Silver

Post by FlightoftheEarls » Sat May 08, 2010 9:49 am

I doubt they'll rescind it if you're polite, but I also doubt they'll switch you to full time. They admitted you as a part-time student, not a full-time student. If you didn't want to go to school at night part-time, you shouldn't have said you'd be willing to go to school at night part-time. Pretty simple.

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Sat May 08, 2010 10:11 am

FlightoftheEarls wrote:I doubt they'll rescind it if you're polite, but I also doubt they'll switch you to full time. They admitted you as a part-time student, not a full-time student. If you didn't want to go to school at night part-time, you shouldn't have said you'd be willing to go to school at night part-time. Pretty simple.
+1. and it seems pretty sleazy to switch before the program even starts.

Duralex

Bronze

Post by Duralex » Sat May 08, 2010 11:20 am

Odds are you won't be admitted to the full time day program, because you already didn't make that cut. You might have a shot at a transfer to the part time day program. You agreed to be considered for the full and part-time programs, but if you tell them you fear that you won't be able to adjust to a night schedule (physiologically or logistically) and so won't perform optimally they may be sympathetic.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Matthies

Silver

Post by Matthies » Sat May 08, 2010 12:29 pm

Got to school at night, 2L-4L work law job during the day, graduate with less debt and more experince = win at life

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Sat May 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Matthies wrote:Got to school at night, 2L-4L work law job during the day, graduate with less debt and more experince = win at life
Good advice.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”