applying ED to multiple schools? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Gold

applying ED to multiple schools?

Post by 005618502 » Sat May 08, 2010 2:15 am

So this may be a rediculous question but can you apply ED to multiple schools. I have heard the only "punishment" for not going to a school you applied ED too is you never have a chance of going there again? Does anyone know some things that i dont?

Hmm just an interesting though, im guessing there is some way of keeping people from applying ED to multiple schools.

joonhp

Bronze

Re: applying ED to multiple schools?

Post by joonhp » Sat May 08, 2010 2:37 am

you can apply ED to multiple schools. just don't get accepted to more than one.

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Sat May 08, 2010 2:39 am

FLAME

in the event it isn't, someone please post a link to that LSN account of the person who did this and got blacklisted. You know the one... Columbia + Texas --> Stuck at Golden Gate

legalease9

Silver

Post by legalease9 » Sat May 08, 2010 2:43 am

Don't do this if the law schools forbid it (all binding ED's do). First of all, if they find out (and its not like law schools don't talk to one another) they will auto-reject your application. They could also report you to LSAC etc. if you bail on them after promising to attend. And the bar will look at all your past ethical/unethical behavior come time to take the bar exam. The bar could possibly reject you.

legalease9

Silver

Post by legalease9 » Sat May 08, 2010 2:46 am

Cupidity wrote:FLAME

in the event it isn't, someone please post a link to that LSN account of the person who did this and got blacklisted. You know the one... Columbia + Texas --> Stuck at Golden Gate

Lol, I'd like to see that link too. It would provide a good example of why this shouldn't be done. And looking at his past posts, I think OP is just starting to learn about the law school game, and therefore isn't a flame.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cigrainger

Bronze

Post by cigrainger » Sat May 08, 2010 2:53 am

The answer is no. You sign a contract. You will get blacklisted. The ONLY exception is if you apply to a fast-responding ED program, and get rejected or moved to regular decision before the ED deadline of another school. In that case, you would have to wait until you were rejected or held at the first school to apply ED to the second school.

Kilpatrick

Silver

Post by Kilpatrick » Sat May 08, 2010 3:26 am

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Sat May 08, 2010 3:49 am

Thx.

legalease9

Silver

Post by legalease9 » Sat May 08, 2010 3:59 am

Wow, just read that... I'm suprised anyone would be this dumb. Seriously dumbfounded. Columbia... COLUMBIA! :shock: Yeah OP, DON'T follow in his footsteps!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sat May 08, 2010 4:55 am

Wow, that sucks for him though, but he shouldn't known not to pull BS like that. If you read his comments (esp. the 2nd to last one) he is no longer going to law school, and seems pretty bitter in general.

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Sat May 08, 2010 6:47 pm

man oh man, haha yea i am new to the law school thing, and this forum in general. But wow, thanks for the heads up, i dont plan on applying ED to any school. Question was out of curiousity.

What is up with the FLAME comment, no idea what that even means

lawschoollll

Bronze

Post by lawschoollll » Sat May 08, 2010 6:50 pm

cigrainger wrote:The answer is no. You sign a contract. You will get blacklisted. The ONLY exception is if you apply to a fast-responding ED program, and get rejected or moved to regular decision before the ED deadline of another school. In that case, you would have to wait until you were rejected or held at the first school to apply ED to the second school.
What are the fast-responding T-14 schools? Any?

clevinger33

Bronze

Post by clevinger33 » Sat May 08, 2010 6:52 pm

Talk about rationalizing a personal failure:

"I'm done with applying to law school and could care less. You see most of you are going to end up 150-200k in debt, and at 7 per cent interest, your looking at 12-14k of your money going to interest alone. Even at the elite schools, half of you wont even make it to one of the top 250 firms. Most of you that do make it big firm will flame out because of the hours and because of the partners thats treat you like shit. And then you will be left with the debt. So I am actually grateful Columbia and the rest of the top schools told me to fuck off, because now I can focus my life on things that won't take 3 years of my life and 60k a year of my money. And at the end of the day, I'm going to be just as ahead as the asshole Harvard law grad because unlike most people I have great connections, people skills, and I am not naive with my money. Law school is a total waste of time unless you 1) have the money to pay the tuiton or scholarships, 2) Go to a great school, and 3) know that you are already going to love practicing law, have some experience in it already, and can stand doing 80 hrs a week of document review and all the other bs discovery work the firm demands for the first five years of your employment. The only way you get ahead is if you suck all the partners cocks (there are few vagina partners even though this is the 21st century), never screw up, and are just outright lucky. So peace out law, im moving on."

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Sat May 08, 2010 6:56 pm

jayn3

Silver

Post by jayn3 » Sat May 08, 2010 7:06 pm

clevinger33 wrote:Talk about rationalizing a personal failure:

"I'm done with applying to law school and could care less. You see most of you are going to end up 150-200k in debt, and at 7 per cent interest, your looking at 12-14k of your money going to interest alone. Even at the elite schools, half of you wont even make it to one of the top 250 firms. Most of you that do make it big firm will flame out because of the hours and because of the partners thats treat you like shit. And then you will be left with the debt. So I am actually grateful Columbia and the rest of the top schools told me to fuck off, because now I can focus my life on things that won't take 3 years of my life and 60k a year of my money. And at the end of the day, I'm going to be just as ahead as the asshole Harvard law grad because unlike most people I have great connections, people skills, and I am not naive with my money. Law school is a total waste of time unless you 1) have the money to pay the tuiton or scholarships, 2) Go to a great school, and 3) know that you are already going to love practicing law, have some experience in it already, and can stand doing 80 hrs a week of document review and all the other bs discovery work the firm demands for the first five years of your employment. The only way you get ahead is if you suck all the partners cocks (there are few vagina partners even though this is the 21st century), never screw up, and are just outright lucky. So peace out law, im moving on."
i predict a great career in the field of alcoholism fueled by bitter regret for this guy.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat May 08, 2010 7:11 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
lawschoollll wrote:
cigrainger wrote:The answer is no. You sign a contract. You will get blacklisted. The ONLY exception is if you apply to a fast-responding ED program, and get rejected or moved to regular decision before the ED deadline of another school. In that case, you would have to wait until you were rejected or held at the first school to apply ED to the second school.
UVA. I think Northwestern, too, but I could be wrong with that. Duke Priority Track (which is not binding ED), if you're invited to apply through that, is also fairly quick.
NU doesn't respond until just around Christmas. Fast if you apply Nov 31, but not if you apply in Sept.

sumus romani

Silver

Post by sumus romani » Sat May 08, 2010 7:16 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
lawschoollll wrote:
UVA. I think Northwestern, too, but I could be wrong with that. Duke Priority Track (which is not binding ED), if you're invited to apply through that, is also fairly quick.
Didn't UVA extend their ED deadline this year after people applied, so that people who were not ED accepted at, say, CCN could then switch to ED at UVA. I recall something like this. You can verify this by going back over the relevant threads. If you are going for the non-simultaneous ED strategy, save UVA for your second ED. Also, didn't G-Town have a late ED this year too (not sure whether it was always late or whether they extended it). These are two late ED options in different sub-tiers within the T14, so this could really help someone's cycle.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Sat May 08, 2010 7:19 pm

motiontodismiss

Silver

Post by motiontodismiss » Sun May 09, 2010 11:10 am

Not unless you want to get blacklisted. Anyone that's gone through the college admissions process should know this.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”