Revoke Admission for grades/dropped class? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MapleLeavesYum

New

Revoke Admission for grades/dropped class?

Post by MapleLeavesYum » Fri May 07, 2010 1:28 am

Umm, so I have been worrying about some random things....

I am taking all of my classes (three poli sci, two music) pass/fail, and I recently was thinking about dropping one of the poli sci class because it's ridiculously hard. This will leave a W on my transcript, so I was wondering under what conditions are law school admissions revoked? (I am going to Hastings) Isn't it only when you fail a class or fail to graduate? If I get a B/C in that hard poli sci class and get a lower GPA, is that going to affect anything?

If anyone can help me to get rid of these strange worries, I would really appreciate it :P

Norwood

Bronze

Re: Revoke Admission for grades/dropped class?

Post by Norwood » Fri May 07, 2010 5:36 am

Is the dropped class going to impact your graduation? I believe all the schools I've been accepted to only require a transcript proving that I have earned a Baccalaureate degree prior to beginning law school and to disclose any changes in my application.

I doubt it'll affect you in anyway as far as your seat is concerned. Call them anonymously and ask to be safe.

chrisbforever

New

Post by chrisbforever » Fri May 07, 2010 11:48 am

what's the name of the poli sci class out of curiosity

ScaredWorkedBored

Bronze

Post by ScaredWorkedBored » Fri May 07, 2010 1:46 pm

Low grade - No. And with 3.5 years of credits to this point, it's not really going to move your GPA anyway.

W - No, so long as....

DEGREE/MAJOR/GRADUATION - You still get this. I'd make damn sure the course you are taking is actually surplus to your requirements. Failure to graduate = automatic revocation of admission as unqualified.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”