Resume content question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Core

Silver

Resume content question

Post by Core » Thu May 06, 2010 11:03 am

I'm asking TLS for some insight here because I'm getting too many mixed opinions from professors and friends.
Throughout high school and college, I was the primary care-giver for both of my parents - my father could not work or function on his own (he had a number of strokes and heart attacks) and my mother suffers from schizoaffective disorder and likewise cannot work or function independently.
Is this appropriate content for the "personal" section of my resume? What do you all think?
Thanks in advance.

jks289

Silver

Re: Resume content question

Post by jks289 » Thu May 06, 2010 11:10 am

Unless you received a professional or medical certification, it doesn't belong on your resume. If they specifically ask you about work during the time write "Primary caregiver to severely disabled parents." Otherwise, your personal statement or an addendum is a more appropriate place to include this information.

Core

Silver

Re: Resume content question

Post by Core » Thu May 06, 2010 11:11 am

jks289 wrote:Unless you received a professional or medical certification, it doesn't belong on your resume. If they specifically ask you about work during the time write "Primary caregiver to severely disabled parents." Otherwise, your personal statement or an addendum is a more appropriate place to include this information.
Gotcha. I thought so. Thanks!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”