Thanks to Ken and to TLS Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
DelDad

Bronze

Thanks to Ken and to TLS

Post by DelDad » Mon May 03, 2010 6:01 pm

Found this place back in the spring of 2006 as I was just starting to study for the LSAT in earnest. We spent a lot of time talking about the LSATs and helped each other raise our scores; a lot of those same people later helped me get my applications and essays together (with Ken providing invaluable advice). Then we made it through admissions cycles and met up at admitted student weekends and played the occasional game of Diplomacy in the OT forum. I think everyone was around less later on, but we still exchanged views on classes and supplements, and then news on academic and career paths. Just finished my last-ever law school exam, and wanted to say thanks to Ken and the rest of the community, especially any of you who were around back then. My path through all this would have been very different without all that help. Also wanted to say good luck to all of you just starting out.

YCrevolution

Gold

Re: Thanks to Ken and to TLS

Post by YCrevolution » Mon May 03, 2010 6:02 pm

LLB2JD

Silver

Post by LLB2JD » Mon May 03, 2010 6:04 pm

DelDad wrote:Found this place back in the spring of 2006 as I was just starting to study for the LSAT in earnest. We spent a lot of time talking about the LSATs and helped each other raise our scores; a lot of those same people later helped me get my applications and essays together (with Ken providing invaluable advice). Then we made it through admissions cycles and met up at admitted student weekends and played the occasional game of Diplomacy in the OT forum. I think everyone was around less later on, but we still exchanged views on classes and supplements, and then news on academic and career paths. Just finished my last-ever law school exam, and wanted to say thanks to Ken and the rest of the community, especially any of you who were around back then. My path through all this would have been very different without all that help. Also wanted to say good luck to all of you just starting out.
Wow, congrats. Do you know what you're doing now that you're a JD?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon May 03, 2010 6:07 pm

Congratulations. My god, seriously, congratulations!

DelDad

Bronze

Post by DelDad » Mon May 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Thanks!

Not a JD quite yet (Evidence grade still has to come back ;)), but next year, I will be clerking in the Delaware Court of Chancery, which I'm extremely excited about.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AngryAvocado

Silver

Post by AngryAvocado » Mon May 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Congrats DelDad! You seem like a great guy, and you've been an asset to this site since I've been around. Good luck to you.

vexion

Bronze

Post by vexion » Mon May 03, 2010 6:29 pm

Congrats! I'm all choked up.

Gold

Post by 270910 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:14 pm

DelDad wrote:Thanks!

Not a JD quite yet (Evidence grade still has to come back ;)), but next year, I will be clerking in the Delaware Court of Chancery, which I'm extremely excited about.
Wow, double congrats! A JD and a strong clerkship, that's awesome!

Are you the inaugural class 'graduating' from TLS then :D?

legalized

Bronze

Post by legalized » Mon May 03, 2010 10:10 pm

DelDad wrote:Found this place back in the spring of 2006 as I was just starting to study for the LSAT in earnest. We spent a lot of time talking about the LSATs and helped each other raise our scores; a lot of those same people later helped me get my applications and essays together (with Ken providing invaluable advice). Then we made it through admissions cycles and met up at admitted student weekends and played the occasional game of Diplomacy in the OT forum. I think everyone was around less later on, but we still exchanged views on classes and supplements, and then news on academic and career paths. Just finished my last-ever law school exam, and wanted to say thanks to Ken and the rest of the community, especially any of you who were around back then. My path through all this would have been very different without all that help. Also wanted to say good luck to all of you just starting out.
awwww that is beautiful! Hopefully I and most of the folks vying to get in this cycle will be saying the same thing in about 4 years!

What school are you graduating from?

And how did it feel when you walked out of that last exam? :D

This site is definitely good motivation and a great resource!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Formerbruin

Bronze

Post by Formerbruin » Mon May 03, 2010 10:22 pm

hi Del,

Can't believe we've made it! Good luck on everything you want to do.

FB

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Mon May 03, 2010 10:25 pm

disco_barred wrote:Are you the inaugural class 'graduating' from TLS then :D?

DelDad

Bronze

Post by DelDad » Mon May 03, 2010 11:04 pm

Back at ya, FB - Congrats!
Are you the inaugural class 'graduating' from TLS then :D?
We're the first to have been at TLS from LSAT prep/application through graduation, but there were a couple current law students around in those days, too, so they've already graduated.

I'm graduating from Penn. Walking out of the last exam, I, for about three minutes, started second guessing what I'd written, then reminded myself not to worry about it, went to meet some friends for celebratory beer and brats, and felt pretty damn good. 8)
Last edited by DelDad on Mon May 03, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Mon May 03, 2010 11:04 pm

Will you still frequent/post TLS?

Or is this you saying goodbye?

You should continue to post and give your feedback and insight "looking back"...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DelDad

Bronze

Post by DelDad » Mon May 03, 2010 11:07 pm

I'll still be popping in

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Mon May 03, 2010 11:09 pm

DelDad wrote:I'll still be popping in
Very cool

idiothek

New

Post by idiothek » Mon May 03, 2010 11:13 pm

i'm a lowly 0L and tls has been like the giving tree to me

flying_squirrel

New

Post by flying_squirrel » Mon May 03, 2010 11:36 pm

idiothek wrote:i'm a lowly 0L and tls has been like the giving tree to me
Same here. While I joined in '08 and post rarely, I found this site in early '07 and have been hooked ever since. In an ironic way, TLS is the SOLE reason why I'm not in LS now, but I still plan to take the plunge in the next couple of years and the knowledge that I have gained on TLS is invaluable. Understanding law school through the perspective of so many students instead of looking at numbers reported by law schools is a huge advantage for prospective students.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Tue May 04, 2010 12:11 am

idiothek wrote:i'm a lowly 0L and tls has been like the giving tree to me
+1

I know that I will definitely be trying to give back to the community as I go through law school admissions, law school, and then head out into practice.

Charles Barkley

Bronze

Post by Charles Barkley » Tue May 04, 2010 8:46 pm

Congrats bro

Grad_Student

Bronze

Post by Grad_Student » Wed May 05, 2010 3:56 pm

As apart of that "first" class (although I took a year off), I remember the great insight YOU gave. Congratulations to the great achievement and I'll see you next year ;)!

lakerfanimal

Bronze

Post by lakerfanimal » Wed May 05, 2010 4:36 pm

Congratulations, that's awesome. It's cool that you're "giving back" too :)

SBimmer

New

Post by SBimmer » Wed May 05, 2010 4:45 pm

lakerfanimal wrote:Congratulations, that's awesome. It's cool that you're "giving back" too :)
+1

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”