Dumbest Law School Move you know of......... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Flanker1067

Silver

Re: Dumbest Law School Move you know of.........

Post by Flanker1067 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:44 pm

Pastels wrote:
ughOSU wrote:I know someone who turned down Yale for money at ND. It was mad money, but come on he turned down Yale.

That is a sin.
I was responding to this and TLS timed out. This decision made TLS break.

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:58 pm

mpasi wrote:Full ride at SMU for UT with little money, with intentions to move to NYC and practice biglaw. This was after negotiating with SMU for more money. Then again, maybe she played it well? Used the UT admission to get more out of SMU even though she had no intention of attending?

OU for Tulsa. No money at OU, so maybe it's not that dumb.

American for UCLA, but wanting to practice environmental law in DC. Both with money, but WTF?

I swear the PAD kids at my school are total dumbasses who didn't deserve these acceptances.

I can't speak in regards to OU or Tulsa, but UT (if instate tuition) over SMU and UCLA with money over American with money seem like the correct choices for me. How are these bad choices?

$1.99

Silver

Post by $1.99 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:28 am

ughOSU wrote:I know someone who turned down Yale for money at ND. It was mad money, but come on he turned down Yale.
he either really loves god or god hates him

Weez

New

Post by Weez » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:53 pm

Can't help but feel sorry for those folks. When I told my dental hygienist I was going to law school she thought I was going to be going to Lincoln Law School, which is not nationally accredited. She seemed relieve when I said I would be going elsewhere and leaving the area. She said a number of her friends have gone to Lincoln and flunked out. Only 30% of their class graduates or some crazy number like that. They flunk ppl so they can say they have a decent bar passage rate, in the meantime they get tuition for one or two years. They rip people off who simply don't know better.
Oh no, not Lincoln Law School in Sacramento???? I think that school is basically auto-admit for everyone. Even if your app is done in crayon.

motiontodismiss

Silver

Post by motiontodismiss » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:59 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
nyknicks wrote:90K NU, for Fordham full ride.
What is it with New Yorkers who refuse to leave their city for any reason. It's always New Yorkers.
Good. Let'em stay. We don't want the rest of the country polluted with them. :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:17 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
What is it with New Yorkers who refuse to leave their city for any reason. It's always New Yorkers.
Stockholm Syndrome

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:18 pm

GULC @ Sticker

*shudders*

lt0826

Bronze

Post by lt0826 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:43 pm

Weez wrote:
Can't help but feel sorry for those folks. When I told my dental hygienist I was going to law school she thought I was going to be going to Lincoln Law School, which is not nationally accredited. She seemed relieve when I said I would be going elsewhere and leaving the area. She said a number of her friends have gone to Lincoln and flunked out. Only 30% of their class graduates or some crazy number like that. They flunk ppl so they can say they have a decent bar passage rate, in the meantime they get tuition for one or two years. They rip people off who simply don't know better.
Oh no, not Lincoln Law School in Sacramento???? I think that school is basically auto-admit for everyone. Even if your app is done in crayon.
That would be the place. Rip-off central. I really don't think schools like that should even be allowed to operate. But yes, they accept you, you flunk out, they get 1-2 years of tuition and can claim a decent bar passage rate. It is very hard for me here because so many people have gone there and I don't want to insult their school to their face, but I would just not go to law school if Lincoln was the best I could do. We have McGeorge for a T2 that at least places well in Sacramento. The poor folks who go to Lincoln, even the ones who graduate struggle to find work.

SamSeaborn2016

Bronze

Post by SamSeaborn2016 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:01 pm

The ABA should have a team of heavies that shows up at your door and beats you senseless if you turn down Yale for any school not named Harvard or Stanford. Even then I would question it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Pastels

Bronze

Post by Pastels » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:11 pm

?

I will never get the Georgetown hate. Great school, great city, nationally and internationally known.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:46 pm

Pastels wrote:?

I will never get the Georgetown hate. Great school, great city, nationally and internationally known.
Most people on TLS want to go to law school. Even if Gtown is the best law center in America, it's still not the same.

AngryAvocado

Silver

Post by AngryAvocado » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

Most people on TLS want to go to law school. Even if Gtown is the best law center in America, it's still not the same.
This. Not to mention, Georgetown Law Center often gets confused with the Georgetown Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good.

--ImageRemoved--

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:56 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

This. Not to mention, Georgetown Law Center often gets confused with the Georgetown Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good.

--ImageRemoved--
This made me die laughing. :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:59 pm

Coworker: "Oh, you're going to law school, that's neat; my girlfriend goes to law school, she's going to Touro for International Law"

Always Credited

Gold

Post by Always Credited » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:01 pm

mistergoft wrote:Coworker: "Oh, you're going to law school, that's neat; my girlfriend goes to law school, she's going to Touro for International Law"
she'll go far

MentalGopher

New

Post by MentalGopher » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:12 pm

Always Credited wrote:
mistergoft wrote:Coworker: "Oh, you're going to law school, that's neat; my girlfriend goes to law school, she's going to Touro for International Law"
she'll go far
:lol: :lol: :lol: Not beyond Long Island...and Central Islip, at that.

MentalGopher

New

Post by MentalGopher » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:29 pm

I think I might have a winner here...and I found this post right on TLS, too. No, really.

I might be attending Cooley next year on a full ride and I passed up admission at Hofstra to do it. I just can't convince myself that 150k+ debt would be wortha legal education. To pool an entire student body into a category of fuck ups is not reasonable. But I suppose if you need to shit on something without put much thought or effort into it then Cooley is a great candidate. Kudos

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dp73816

Bronze

Post by dp73816 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:32 pm

MentalGopher wrote:I think I might have a winner here...and I found this post right on TLS, too. No, really.

I might be attending Cooley next year on a full ride and I passed up admission at Hofstra to do it. I just can't convince myself that 150k+ debt would be wortha legal education. To pool an entire student body into a category of fuck ups is not reasonable. But I suppose if you need to shit on something without put much thought or effort into it then Cooley is a great candidate. Kudos

I see his logic, but thats the type of person that buys real estate on the moon or flavored air.

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:34 pm

dp73816 wrote:I see his logic, but thats the type of person that buys real estate on the moon or flavored air.
Wait... is your point that these are bad investments?

Oh no... :oops:

hiromoto45

Silver

Post by hiromoto45 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:35 pm

JessicaTiger wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Stockholm Syndrome
lol

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:41 pm

mistergoft wrote:
dp73816 wrote:I see his logic, but thats the type of person that buys real estate on the moon or flavored air.
Wait... is your point that these are bad investments?

Oh no... :oops:
this is some good ass air...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:44 pm

MentalGopher wrote:I think I might have a winner here...and I found this post right on TLS, too. No, really.

150K isn't worth it for Hofstra. You are working shit law anyway, might as well do it without crushing debt.

hoopsguy6

Bronze

Post by hoopsguy6 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Full ride at Cooley > Hofstra sticker. Sounds like he made the right choice.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:54 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

150K isn't worth it for Hofstra. You are working shit law anyway, might as well do it without crushing debt.
+1. He definitely made the right decision. A free shitty law degree is better than an expensive kinda shitty law degree.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:56 pm

hoopsguy6 wrote:Full ride at Cooley > Hofstra sticker. Sounds like he made the right choice.
+1

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”