Waiting a year thread: 2010 Version Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Pastels

Bronze

Waiting a year thread: 2010 Version

Post by Pastels » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:33 pm

I am about to finish UG and after months of consideration I am leaning towards waiting a year before law school to retake the LSAT and open more doors. I am turning down a near full ride at my TTT state school and plan on reprepping this summer with hopes of achieving a better LSAT. Anyone else doing the same? What is your reasoning for doing so? What options did you have this time around?

eye

Bronze

Re: Waiting a year thread: 2010 Version

Post by eye » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:10 pm

Last edited by eye on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:16 pm

I'm taking a year, retaking and reapplying. I'm excited for it, to be honest.

lmarie81

New

Post by lmarie81 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:13 am

If it helps at all I currently work with attorneys who all advocate waiting a year or two before starting law school. Each has a unique reason but it boils down to being able to assess who you are as an adult, gain perspective and decide if this is really what you want to do (i.e. not doing it to fulfill family expectations, etc.), and gain maturity before starting the process.

That is not to say one cannot be successful and fulfill goals by starting law school right after completing the UG, but that is the input I have heard from those that have been there. As a note, the attorneys are a mixed group of those who waited and those who did not.

As for me, I waited to work in the field a bit to ensure it is really what I want to do with my professional life.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”