Taking easy classes to boost GPA Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LateNight

Bronze

Re: Taking easy classes to boost GPA

Post by LateNight » Thu May 06, 2010 5:53 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:So what really can change with a 3.69,162? An acceptance at Davis?
[/quote]

TiTCR

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Thu May 06, 2010 5:53 pm

redsox wrote:
PunjabiLower wrote:Average of 56 posts per day. LOLZ@U

thanks though... I feel good getting 86th percentile at age 18, when everyone else is 21+. Hopefully I'll get 167+ when I actually take the test seriously without going to school. We shall see.
You spent enough time and effort prepping (90 percent of your energy) that your grades suffered and your GPA is going down by .15. Let me remind you:
PunjabiLower wrote:See what really is irritating is that my gpa has dropped this past year because I have focused 90 percent of my energy on the LSAT and about 10 percent on my school work. The LSAT hindered my ability to perform well in school and vice versa. My cumulative is expected to go from 3.84 to 3.69. So what really can change with a 3.69,162? An acceptance at Davis?
PL, outted as an idiot.

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Thu May 06, 2010 7:39 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
redsox wrote:

thanks though... I feel good getting 86th percentile at age 18, when everyone else is 21+. Hopefully I'll get 167+ when I actually take the test seriously without going to school. We shall see.
You spent enough time and effort prepping (90 percent of your energy) that your grades suffered and your GPA is going down by .15. Let me remind you:
PunjabiLower wrote:See what really is irritating is that my gpa has dropped this past year because I have focused 90 percent of my energy on the LSAT and about 10 percent on my school work. The LSAT hindered my ability to perform well in school and vice versa. My cumulative is expected to go from 3.84 to 3.69. So what really can change with a 3.69,162? An acceptance at Davis?
PL, outted as an idiot.
I think the LSAT did that.

I might feel differently if PL didn't sound like a raving moron in writing as well. So, no, I don't feel differently.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Thu May 06, 2010 7:41 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
redsox wrote:

PL, outted as an idiot.
I think the LSAT did that.
Almost. Plenty of people understudy drastically. Take a PT or two then go. In that case 162 doesn't really mean anything. But studying so hard you can't do undergrad, and still coming up 162 = idiot.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Thu May 06, 2010 8:09 pm

I don't really care what his LSAT score is, or where he goes to school. I don't really personally care one way or the other about him. I doubt any of us do.

But making a thread about getting "screwed" for dings at schools with LSAT medians way above his and then providing poor advice to the OP is bound to get people riled up.

PS. This meme-generating thing is fun. I really like the one I made... I think I'm gonna start doing it more often. Gotta douse the flames, right?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PunjabiLower

Bronze

Post by PunjabiLower » Fri May 07, 2010 12:32 am

OP...go ask admissions officers what they say about it or current law school students/graduates. Then come back and post their responses. Frankly, I am going to stop trusting 0L's.

PunjabiLower

Bronze

Post by PunjabiLower » Fri May 07, 2010 12:35 am

romothesavior wrote:I don't really care what his LSAT score is, or where he goes to school. I don't really personally care one way or the other about him. I doubt any of us do.

But making a thread about getting "screwed" for dings at schools with LSAT medians way above his and then providing poor advice to the OP is bound to get people riled up.

PS. This meme-generating thing is fun. I really like the one I made... I think I'm gonna start doing it more often. Gotta douse the flames, right?
Thank you. I agree. Except once again..I was wondering whether I got screwed at hastings, davis, and loyola. Please don't act stupid. I know I had no chance at UVA, Berkeley...etc.

Attacking the person rather than the argument...hm. Saying that I got a 162 is clearly going to convince the OP that my thoughts on the matter should not be taken seriously. You Sir..are a douchebag. Clearly, you are all going to be great lawyers.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Fri May 07, 2010 12:37 am

PunjabiLower wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I don't really care what his LSAT score is, or where he goes to school. I don't really personally care one way or the other about him. I doubt any of us do.

[strike]Thank you. I agree. Except once again..I was wondering whether I got screwed at hastings, davis, and loyola. Please don't act stupid. I know I had no chance at UVA, Berkeley...etc.

Attacking the person rather than the argument...hm. Saying that I got a[/strike]162 [strike]is clearly going to convince the OP that my thoughts on the matter should not be taken seriously. You Sir..are a douchebag. Clearly, you are all going to be great lawyers.[/strike]

acdisagod

Bronze

Post by acdisagod » Fri May 07, 2010 12:39 am

Change taking to take and the title of the thread is the credited response.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri May 07, 2010 12:40 am

PunjabiLower wrote:

Thank you. I agree. Except once again..I was wondering whether I got screwed at hastings, davis, and loyola. Please don't act stupid. I know I had no chance at UVA, Berkeley...etc.

Attacking the person rather than the argument...hm. Saying that I got a 162 is clearly going to convince the OP that my thoughts on the matter should not be taken seriously. You Sir..are a douchebag. Clearly, you are all going to be great lawyers.
Don't lump me in with other posters who are attacking your LSAT score. I got a 162 on my first try, and it is a pretty decent score.

I'm simply arguing that your claim that you got "scewed" is a silly one, as is your claim that grade inflation is the reason you were shut out of these schools. My reference to your LSAT score was not used to slam you or attack you, but rather, I referenced it to criticize your claims that you've been making over the last few days.

PunjabiLower

Bronze

Post by PunjabiLower » Fri May 07, 2010 12:44 am

Desert Fox wrote:
redsox wrote:

PL, outted as an idiot.
Assumption fail. You don't know how much total energy I put into the LSAT and school work. I just said I focused about 90 percent of my total energy on the LSAT. I didn't say how hard I worked or how much energy I put in. I didn't care about my grades anyway because I inflated that shit with CC classes. I goofed around my entire undergraduate education and will still graduate with above an A- average. Cheap? I think so.

LateNight

Bronze

Post by LateNight » Fri May 07, 2010 1:09 am

PunjabiLower wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
redsox wrote:

PL, outted as an idiot.
Assumption fail. You don't know how much total energy I put into the LSAT and school work. I just said I focused about 90 percent of my total energy on the LSAT. I didn't say how hard I worked or how much energy I put in. I didn't care about my grades anyway because I inflated that shit with CC classes. I goofed around my entire undergraduate education and will still graduate with above an A- average. Cheap? I think so.

Man, I said this earlier but my CC classes were really hard compared to my Undergrad. Many of my CC professors taught at Northwestern and one at University of Chicago. They taught at my CC to give back to the community, or to lower my GPA, I am not sure.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri May 07, 2010 1:11 am

LateNight wrote:

Man, I said this earlier but my CC classes were really hard compared to my Undergrad. Many of my CC professors taught at Northwestern and one at University of Chicago. They taught at my CC to give back to the community, or to lower my GPA, I am not sure.
College of Dupage? :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LateNight

Bronze

Post by LateNight » Fri May 07, 2010 1:13 am

Close my friend. College of Lake County. It is like 30 minutes from Northwestern!

Edit: My fav teacher was a Journalism professor at Northwestern, he was a sick individual that had a terribly depressing view on life. It invigorated me.

redsox

Silver

Post by redsox » Fri May 07, 2010 8:47 am

PunjabiLower wrote:Assumption fail. You don't know how much total energy I put into the LSAT and school work. I just said I focused about 90 percent of my total energy on the LSAT. I didn't say how hard I worked or how much energy I put in. I didn't care about my grades anyway because I inflated that shit with CC classes. I goofed around my entire undergraduate education and will still graduate with above an A- average. Cheap? I think so.
You put in 100% of your total energy. 90%+10%=100%. Get it? Maximum effort split between college and the LSAT. So you:
a) Put a ton of energy into the LSAT and are backing away from that statement now that people are making fun of your 162;
b) Have low total energy; or
c) Repeatedly lie and contradict yourself (but maybe it's just your "relative").

I'm betting on a combination of "a" and "c."

PunjabiLower

Bronze

Post by PunjabiLower » Fri May 07, 2010 4:37 pm

redsox wrote:
PunjabiLower wrote:Assumption fail. You don't know how much total energy I put into the LSAT and school work. I just said I focused about 90 percent of my total energy on the LSAT. I didn't say how hard I worked or how much energy I put in. I didn't care about my grades anyway because I inflated that shit with CC classes. I goofed around my entire undergraduate education and will still graduate with above an A- average. Cheap? I think so.
You put in 100% of your total energy. 90%+10%=100%. Get it? Maximum effort split between college and the LSAT. So you:
a) Put a ton of energy into the LSAT and are backing away from that statement now that people are making fun of your 162;
c) Repeatedly lie and contradict yourself (but maybe it's just your "relative").

Clearly...you are assuming again and clearly you don't know me. And I'm not ashamed of a 162 anyway. That's slightly below the average at hastings/davis which are T1 schools.

But the fact still remains you are a douche bag for your comments.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Fri May 07, 2010 4:53 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:
redsox wrote:

[strike]Clearly...you are assuming again and clearly you don't know me. And I'm not ashamed of a[/strike] 162 [strike]anyway. That's slightly below the average at hastings/davis which are T1 schools.

But the fact still remains you are a douche bag for your comments.[/strike]

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PunjabiLower

Bronze

Post by PunjabiLower » Fri May 07, 2010 6:12 pm

56 posts per day. That speaks for itself.

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Fri May 07, 2010 6:45 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:56 posts per day. That speaks for itself.

It really doesn't, actually. You're going to make a terrible lawyer. At least say "Res Ipsa Loquitur," even if it's not correct.

PunjabiLower

Bronze

Post by PunjabiLower » Fri May 07, 2010 7:19 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:

It really doesn't, actually. You're going to make a terrible lawyer. At least say "Res Ipsa Loquitur," even if it's not correct.
Haha you're an idiot. How does it not? He'll have to explain himself.

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Fri May 07, 2010 7:33 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:

Wait, where are you going to law school again?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PunjabiLower

Bronze

Post by PunjabiLower » Fri May 07, 2010 7:43 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
PunjabiLower wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:

Wait, how old are you again?

3.6/167 at urbana isn't exactly boast material.

Ford Prefect

Bronze

Post by Ford Prefect » Fri May 07, 2010 8:05 pm

Should there be an age limit on this forum?

OP, if you do decide to take an extra year, start towards a degree in education (if your school offers it). The classes tend to be pretty easy and, if you find yourself at a loss for a job when law school is over, you can finish up your ed. degree. It's not great, but it's work with (usually) guaranteed insurance and retirement. You could do worse while searching for a better job.

tebow4president

New

Post by tebow4president » Fri May 07, 2010 8:06 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
PunjabiLower wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:

lolllll @ punjabilover!! nice avoiding his question! no really, where are you going to law school again?

hahahahaha. i REALLY hope you remember back to the start of the cycle when you were bragging about something you hadnt even come CLOSE to achieving and now your cycle has completely crashed and burned hahahaha

its ok tho i have a feeling ur gonna need those 2 years to prep for the retake!

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Fri May 07, 2010 8:09 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
PunjabiLower wrote: Haha you're an idiot. How does it not? He'll have to explain himself.
Wait, how old are you again?

3.6/167 at urbana isn't exactly great either.
I'm pretty happy with it, actually. Sure, Northwestern was my #1 so it would be easier for the g/f to get a job, but I grew up in Champaign. I'm excited to see my family again.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”