Are all guys who go to law school unable to get laid? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JTX

Bronze

Re: Are all guys who go to law school unable to get laid?

Post by JTX » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:09 pm

^thanks. also, posts in all threads, not just here. ny88, i miss you now. come back.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:13 pm

jtxcounitah wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
jtxcounitah wrote:
newyorker88 wrote: I don't know, I don't think TLS is representative of most men at law schools. I didn't get this vibe at all from many of the ASDs I went to. Or maybe men just keep the misogyny to themselves when around females and the internet is the place for them to behave like pigs because of the anonymity.
if you were a chick, i'd tell you to make me a sandwich for this post. you're lucky you're not.
Time out. ny88's a guy? News to me. Either way... point "a" stands.
dammit i am thoroughly confused. my distaste for NY88 is based on him being a dude. but if she's a she, all the sudden all her posts make sense.

ny88? clarify?
I thought I saw 88 state that he/she was female. Checked the thread, that didn't happen, so I have no idea what's going on.

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:14 pm

NY 88 is a female.

JTX

Bronze

Post by JTX » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:15 pm

Thirteen wrote:NY 88 is a female.

that explains the (formerly) latently homo jersey shore talk.

actorlaw

New

Post by actorlaw » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:20 pm

OP, you care way too much.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nyknicks

Bronze

Post by nyknicks » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:17 pm

I have decided to enroll at St. Johns, precisely because I have made the calculated decision that I will recieve more ass than at Cornell. OP, I very much hope you are mistaken. A lot of law school decison has come down to getting women, and it was the tie-breaker in deciding where to deposit. I plan on taking the money I save with my full ride at St. Johns to purchase knock-off designer watches, clothing, etc. I will rent high class hotel rooms and cars. I will get tanned, and have already started my atkins diet. New York city, and the money I have saved by going to St. Johns, will allow me to do all of this. NYC has plenty of women for me to chase around, but I will definitely be on the hunt at St. Johns. Why you ask? Because while tlsers waste their 0L prep on getting to maybe, I will be studying the kama sutra. My skills at lovemaking will give me a reputation in the tight-knit community that is St. Johns Law, and I will take down not only every dime piece bitty (DPB) there, but also every knickel bitty and all in between.

You do not scare me OP. Guys in law school DO get laid, especially when they plan it out correctly. I will succeed. I can only hope that one day I am able to make you a partner of mine in love making. So after we are done I can flex my 6 pack abs in front of you and say "NYKNICKS WAS HERE".
Last edited by nyknicks on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eldizknee

Bronze

Post by eldizknee » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:21 pm

nyknicks wrote:I have decided to enroll at St. Johns, precisely because I have made the calculated decision that I will recieve more ass than at Cornell. OP, I very much hope you are mistaken. A lot of law school decison has come down to getting women, and it was the tie-breaker in deciding where to deposit. I plan on taking the money I save with my full ride at St. Johns to purchase knock-off designer watches, clothing, etc. I will rent high class hotel rooms and cars. I will get tanned, and have already started my atkins diet. New York city, and the money I have saved my going to St. Johns, will allowed me to do all of this. NYC has plenty of women for me to chase around, but I will definitely be on the hunt at St. Johns. Why you ask? Because while tlsers waste their 0L prep on getting to maybe, I will be studying the kama sutra. My skills at lovemaking will give me a reputation in the tight-knit community that is St. Johns Law, and I will take down not only every dime piece bitty (DPB) there, but also every knickel bitty and all in between.

You do not scare me OP. Guys in law school DO get laid, especially when they plan it out correctly. I will succeed. I can only hope that one day I am able to make you a partner of mine in love making. So after we are done I can flex my 6 pack abs in front of you and say "NYKNICKS WAS HERE".

CMDantes

Bronze

Post by CMDantes » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:29 pm

nyknicks wrote:I have decided to enroll at St. Johns, precisely because I have made the calculated decision that I will recieve more ass than at Cornell. OP, I very much hope you are mistaken. A lot of law school decison has come down to getting women, and it was the tie-breaker in deciding where to deposit. I plan on taking the money I save with my full ride at St. Johns to purchase knock-off designer watches, clothing, etc. I will rent high class hotel rooms and cars. I will get tanned, and have already started my atkins diet. New York city, and the money I have saved by going to St. Johns, will allow me to do all of this. NYC has plenty of women for me to chase around, but I will definitely be on the hunt at St. Johns. Why you ask? Because while tlsers waste their 0L prep on getting to maybe, I will be studying the kama sutra. My skills at lovemaking will give me a reputation in the tight-knit community that is St. Johns Law, and I will take down not only every dime piece bitty (DPB) there, but also every knickel bitty and all in between.

Hilarious, this guy knows what's good.

KibblesAndVick

Silver

Post by KibblesAndVick » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:51 pm

nyknicks wrote:I have decided to enroll at St. Johns, precisely because I have made the calculated decision that I will recieve more ass than at Cornell. OP, I very much hope you are mistaken. A lot of law school decison has come down to getting women, and it was the tie-breaker in deciding where to deposit. I plan on taking the money I save with my full ride at St. Johns to purchase knock-off designer watches, clothing, etc. I will rent high class hotel rooms and cars. I will get tanned, and have already started my atkins diet. New York city, and the money I have saved by going to St. Johns, will allow me to do all of this. NYC has plenty of women for me to chase around, but I will definitely be on the hunt at St. Johns. Why you ask? Because while tlsers waste their 0L prep on getting to maybe, I will be studying the kama sutra. My skills at lovemaking will give me a reputation in the tight-knit community that is St. Johns Law, and I will take down not only every dime piece bitty (DPB) there, but also every knickel bitty and all in between.

Just when I thought I couldn't have enjoyed this thread any more...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tadams86

Bronze

Post by tadams86 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:09 pm

Ive been around the legal community in my home town, and let me tell you even the 40+ yr old lawyers are worse than anything I have ever read on this board. One guy asked me if I wanted to go get some whores....and then proceeded to tell me he once had sex with Grace Slick. Even the women dont care, most of them are looking for ass, so whats the big deal? I think OP has pent up sexual frustration that he/she has no idea how to let out, so he/she takes it out on the rest of us.

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:55 pm

The only people who talk so much about getting laid are people who are either young, and thus still really psyched about the idea of sex, or folks who are just really bad a getting laid. I think TLS is over-representative of both groups.

nick637

Bronze

Post by nick637 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:59 pm

tadams86 wrote:Ive been around the legal community in my home town, and let me tell you even the 40+ yr old lawyers are worse than anything I have ever read on this board. One guy asked me if I wanted to go get some whores....and then proceeded to tell me he once had sex with Grace Slick. Even the women dont care, most of them are looking for ass, so whats the big deal? I think OP has pent up sexual frustration that he/she has no idea how to let out, so he/she takes it out on the rest of us.
i love law

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:00 pm

ccs224 wrote:The only people who talk so much about getting laid are people who are either young, and thus still really psyched about the idea of sex, or folks who are just really bad a getting laid. I think TLS is over-representative of both groups.
cue: the grindr thread?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:02 pm

ok ok ok, now that its been established that op is in fact a woman, it seems that yet another 500 pound gorilla in the room has not been addressed.

op's objective hotness: over/under 2/10?

there is no way anyone hot would be this ANGRY about such matters. tyia.

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:03 pm

I plan on finding my wife in law school. I'm old. Sex is fun.

legalized

Bronze

Post by legalized » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:04 pm

oneforship wrote:
ughOSU wrote: Truth, a good way to avoid posts that are "immature" is to avoid [strike]websites where 21-24 y.o. men post a lot.[/strike] the internet
ftfy
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Had to drop in this thread again for another comic intermission. Didn't fail!

legalized

Bronze

Post by legalized » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:07 pm

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:08 pm

f0bolous wrote:
ccs224 wrote:The only people who talk so much about getting laid are people who are either young, and thus still really psyched about the idea of sex, or folks who are just really bad a getting laid. I think TLS is over-representative of both groups.
cue: the grindr thread?
My assumption was that most of those people were, hopefully, kind of decent at getting laid, though a lot of us (not me), seemed pretty young and still in the excited about sex stage. Fish don't need to talk about water all day long, but they might compare ponds every now and then.

bilbobaggins

Silver

Post by bilbobaggins » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:12 pm

GeePee wrote:
KibblesAndVick wrote:Is there any social situation or institution in which a group of post-pubescent males don't act that way?

Would you be half surprised if Scalia and Thomas talked about their clerk's tits when there were no girls around?
Honestly, QFT.

All guys do this. 50 year old married guys do it about as much as 25 year old males in a group of men only (the internet isn't much different; in both situations there are few consequences in how girls IRL perceive you). This is not a matter of growing up; this is sort of just what guys do.
Sorry, but it's not. As a straight male with many friends who are straight males, I find myself avoiding groups of men who behave this way. Besides the fact that it's sexist, it's fucking boring. The last conversation I want to have is with some dude about how hot he thinks some girl is or what he wants to do with her. I have much better things to do with my time (like drink and screw) than listen to a group of dudes give themselves hard ons talking about some random girl.

Some of us don't act that way. At Boalt, these also seem to be the most well adjusted and least creepy dudes.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:17 pm

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:ok ok ok, now that its been established that op is in fact a woman, it seems that yet another 500 pound gorilla in the room has not been addressed.

op's objective hotness: over/under 2/10?

there is no way anyone hot would be this ANGRY about such matters. tyia.
This man is wise.

I demand pics or I am calling under.

KibblesAndVick

Silver

Post by KibblesAndVick » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:21 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:
GeePee wrote:
KibblesAndVick wrote:Is there any social situation or institution in which a group of post-pubescent males don't act that way?

Would you be half surprised if Scalia and Thomas talked about their clerk's tits when there were no girls around?
Honestly, QFT.

All guys do this. 50 year old married guys do it about as much as 25 year old males in a group of men only (the internet isn't much different; in both situations there are few consequences in how girls IRL perceive you). This is not a matter of growing up; this is sort of just what guys do.
Sorry, but it's not. As a straight male with many friends who are straight males, I find myself avoiding groups of men who behave this way. Besides the fact that it's sexist, it's fucking boring. The last conversation I want to have is with some dude about how hot he thinks some girl is or what he wants to do with her. I have much better things to do with my time (like drink and screw) than listen to a group of dudes give themselves hard ons talking about some random girl.

Some of us don't act that way. At Boalt, these also seem to be the most well adjusted and least creepy dudes.
I'm glad you're way too busy drinking and screwing to get bogged down in some immature talk about drinking and screwing. You're clearly of a higher breed.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Post by SwollenMonkey » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:22 pm

I like sucking on toes, and throwing my "man-goo" on ladies' mammary pappillas.

Any ladies up for that?

tikiman6

Bronze

Post by tikiman6 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:25 pm

Hey-O wrote: constantly talking about sex

immaturity I see demonstrated over and over again.
Seriously though, have you ever been on the internet before this?

TigerWoods85

New

Post by TigerWoods85 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:29 pm

If the OP is male, he's clearly the type of guy who has difficulty identifying with other guys in the 20-30 age group. OP is clearly either (1) gay (2) boring (3) over 30 or (4) not a guy at all

tikiman6

Bronze

Post by tikiman6 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:32 pm

TigerWoods85 wrote:If the OP is male, he's clearly the type of guy who has difficulty identifying with other guys in the 20-30 age group. OP is clearly either (1) gay (2) boring (3) over 30 or (4) not a guy at all
OP is useless, but I don't think (2) follows logically. If OP is different from most other guys, does that really make him(?) boring? IMO the "normal" guy is boring.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”