LSAT Question: October 1999, Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gkpanch

New

LSAT Question: October 1999,

Post by gkpanch » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:31 pm

I was hoping someone could help me out with this one.........

Medical Researcher: As expected, records covering the last four years of ten major hospitals indicate that babies born prematurely were more likely to have low birth weights and to suffer from health problems than were babies not born prematurely. These records also indicate that mothers who had received adequate prenatal care were less likely to have low birth weight babies than were mothers who had received inaequate prenatal care. Adequate prenatal care, therefore, significantly decreases the risk of low birth weight babies.

Which of the following, if true, most weakens the medical researchers argument?
(a) the hospital records indicate that many babies that are born with normal birth weights are born to mothers who had inadequate prenatal care
(b) mothers giving birth prematurely are routinely classified by hospitals as having received inadequate prenatal care when the record of that care is not available
(c) the hospital records indicate that low birth weight babies were routinely classified as having been born prematurely
(d) some babies not born prematurely, whose mothers received adequate prenatal care, have low birth weights
(e) women who receive adequate prenatal care are less likely to give birth prematurely than are women who do not receive adequate prenatal care

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:36 pm

DELETED

gkpanch

New

Post by gkpanch » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:47 pm

yea it is! could you explain why? I wasn't sure between A and B.

thanks.

StanfordHopeful

New

Post by StanfordHopeful » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:47 pm

I'm going with B

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:53 pm

DELETED

gkpanch

New

Post by gkpanch » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:03 pm

yea that makes sense. thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”